- Known as the "Holy Fruit of the Himalayas", Sea Buckthorn Fruit has been cherished by native Tibetans for centuries for its incredible nutritive qualities.
- Sea buckthorn grows high in the Himalayan region and has been used in Asia over the centuries as an herbal medicine...
Organic Sea Buckthorn Fruit is a source of powerful antioxidants and rare fatty acids, thanks to its very high vitamin C, carotenoids and phenolic content. As a result of the powerful antioxidant levels, its ability to protect against aging of the skin and the effects of environmental pollution has been noted. The beneficial uses of this berry were recognized by ancient civilizations. The Greeks were the first to discover the benefits of the Sea Buckthorn berries 1,200 years ago. The berries are mentioned in Chinese and Tibetan medical texts from around 1,000 years ago.
Sea Buckthorn's berries contain more than 100 different kinds of nutrients and bioactive substances including vitamins, fatty acids and free amino acids. Recent scientific studies indicate that sea buckthorn supports the immune system and may help protect the liver. External uses of Sea Buckthorn could include helping with a wide variety of skin problems, including burns, bedsores, eczema, dermatitis and radiation injury.
Today, over one hundred and twenty specific studies on sea buckthorn and countless studies on the biological properties found in the plant have shown that this small berry promotes good health. Sea buckthorn has been called the superfruit and given its nutritional profile, it is no wonder. This fruit has a high abundance of some of the rarest and most powerful antioxidants in the world. Not only that, but it is the only plant known to contain essential fatty acids 3, 6, 7, and 9.
Organic Sea Buckthorn Berries contain more than 190 biologically active compounds, including:
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D, K, and P
- Omega 3, 6, 7 & 9 (Essential Fatty Acids or EFAs)
- 42 Lipids
- Organic Acids
- Amino Acids
- Folate (also known as vitamin B9 & natural folic acid)
- 20 Mineral Elements
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Sea Buckthorn Fruit Juice Powder may include:
- Improving cardiovascular health
- Relief for the cough
- Improving skin complexion, anti-acne treatment
- Supporting for healthy blood sugar levels
- Helping for scald & burn wound repair
- Aiding digestion
- Cellular rejuvenation
- Natural energy boost
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- Invigorating blood circulation
- Healing Mucosa injuries
- Improving brain & nervous system function
- Alleviating pain
- Protecting against premature aging of the skin
- Fighting cellular mutation
- Strong antioxidant network
- Improving nervous system health
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with juice, yogurt or add to your favorite smoothie.
Mixing Suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic rose hips powder.
Botanical Name: Hippophae Rhamnoides.
*This product contains a small amount of maltodextrin, which acts as a drying agent and is necessary to keep this powder from clumping into hard chunks or one solid brick
For more information about tapioca starch derived from cassava root (yuca root) click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassava
Other Names: Seabuckthorn, Argasse, Argousier, Buckthorn, Chharma, Dhar-Bu, Espino Armarillo, Espino Falso, Finbar, Grisset, Meerdorn, Oblepikha, Purging Thorn, Rokitnik, Sallow Thorn, Sanddorn, Sea Buckhorn, Sceitbezien, Sea-Buckthorn, Seedorn, Star-Bu, Tindved.
Parts Used: Whole, Sea Buckthorn fruit (No Seed).
Ingredients: Organic Sea Buckthorn Fruit Juice Powder and Organic non-GMO maltodextrin.*
Origin: Grown and dried in China. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
Sources & References
1. Boivin D, Blanchette M, Barrette S, et al. Inhibition of cancer cell proliferation and suppression of TNF-induced activation of NFkappaB by edible berry juice. Anticancer Res 2007;27(2):937-948.
2. Goel HC, Gupta D, Gupta S, et al. Protection of mitochondrial system by Hippophae rhamnoides L. against radiation-induced oxidative damage in mice. J Pharm.Pharmacol. 2005;57(1):135-143.
3. Hibasami H, Mitani A, Katsuzaki H, et al. Isolation of five types of flavonol from seabuckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) and induction of apoptosis by some of the flavonols in human promyelotic leukemia HL-60 cells. Int J Mol.Med 2005;15(5):805-809.
4. Kasparaviciene G, Briedis V, Ivanauskas L. [Influence of sea buckthorn oil production technology on its antioxidant activity]. Medicina (Kaunas.) 2004;40(8):753-757.
5. Li Y, Xu C, Zhang Q, et al. In vitro anti-Helicobacter pylori action of 30 Chinese herbal medicines used to treat ulcer diseases. J Ethnopharmacol 4-26-2005;98(3):329-333.
6. Mdinaradze N. Comprehensive treatment of generalized parodontitis. Georgian.Med News 2006;(135):60-63.
7. Padmavathi B, Upreti M, Singh V, et al. Chemoprevention by Hippophae rhamnoides: effects on tumorigenesis, phase II and antioxidant enzymes, and IRF-1 transcription factor. Nutr.Cancer 2005;51(1):59-67.
8. Suomela JP, Ahotupa M, Yang B, et al. Absorption of flavonols derived from sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.) and their effect on emerging risk factors for cardiovascular disease in humans. J Agric Food Chem 9-20-2006;54(19):7364-7369.
9. Teng BS, Lu YH, Wang ZT, et al. In vitro anti-tumor activity of isorhamnetin isolated from Hippophae rhamnoides L. against BEL-7402 cells. Pharmacol Res 2006;54(3):186-194.
10. Thumm EJ, Stoss M, Bayerl C, et al. Randomized trial to study efficacy of a 20% and 10% Hippophae rhamnoides containing creme used by patients with mild to intermediate atopic dermatitis. Aktuelle Dermatologie 2000;26(8-9):285-290.
11. Tiitinen KM, Hakala MA, Kallio HP. Quality components of sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) varieties. J Agric.Food Chem. 3-9-2005;53(5):1692-1699.
12. Vijayaraghavan R, Gautam A, Kumar O, et al. Protective effect of ethanolic and water extracts of sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.) against the toxic effects of mustard gas. Indian J Exp Biol 2006;44(10):821-831.
14. Zeb, A. Anticarcinogenic potential of lipids from Hippophae--evidence from the recent literature. Asian Pac.J Cancer Prev. 2006;7(1):32-35.
15. Zhang P, Mao YC, Sun B, et al. [Changes in apoptosis-related genes expression profile in human breast carcinoma cell line Bcap-37 induced by flavonoids from seed residues of Hippophae Rhamnoides L]. Ai.Zheng. 2005;24(4):454-460.
Earn a Discount!
Here at Z Natural Foods, we firmly believe that sharing is caring. Invite your friends to our store and be rewarded with $10 dollars as soon as they make their first order.* And if they love our products just as much as you do, you will continue to be rewarded again and again!
( Minimum amount : 10 $ )