Gluten-Free Organic Puffed Buckwheat
Buckwheat contains no wheat. It's actually a seed. But as a nutritional superfood buckwheat has tons of great uses.
A famous complex carbohydrate and packed with a mild and nutty flavor, this tasty morsel is versatile and enjoyed in virtually every sweet and savory recipe.
11 Delicious Ways Buckwheat is Eaten Around the World
First cultivated in south China in 6000 BCE, buckwheat is enjoyed in a variety of ways throughout the world:
- Puffed Buckwheat is enjoyed as a delicious breakfast cereal, snack, popcorn replacement, in your favorite trail mix, or as yogurt, soup, and salad topper.
- Buckwheat is enjoyed when used to produce gluten-free beer.
- Buckwheat whiskey is a distilled drink made from buckwheat.
- Buckwheat Tea is enjoyed in China, Korea, and Japan.
- Buckwheat flour is used to make Soba noodles, a staple in Japan.
- Buckwheat noodles are widely consumed in Japan and Italy
- Buckwheat porridge has been a staple in Russia, Ukraine, and Poland
- Buckwheat pancakes are eaten worldwide and known as blinis in Russia.
- Cream of buckwheat is a standard breakfast cereal replacement.
- Buckwheat jelly called memilmuck is used in Korea from buckwheat starch
- Our favorite four-legged friends also love buckwheat as a grain-free ingredient found in dog treats and dog food.
Health Benefits of Organic Buckwheat: A Nutritional Superfood
Buckwheat is a true traditional medicinal food. Because of its nourishing magnesium levels, buckwheat may support blood vessel health via blood vessel relaxation. This in turn may support healthy circulation and a healthy cardiovascular system.
Buckwheat is very popular among people who have gluten-related disorders and wheat allergy sufferers as buckwheat is gluten-free.
Because research has shown the link between low fiber diets and a variety of health issues, buckwheat is a superfood traditionally used in one’s diet to support digestive, cardiovascular, and lipid health.
You can eat puffed buckwheat just like popcorn, add coconut milk for a delicious breakfast cereal replacement, or add to almost anything!
Our Organic Puffed Buckwheat is the perfect add-on to any soup, salad, or snack if you are looking to increase nutritional value and “crunch factor”. Whether you use this super snack as an add-on or just eat it right out of the bag, you can be sure that Z Natural Foods has brought you the ultimate in superfood nutrition.
Some possible traditional uses of Organic Puffed Buckwheat may include:
- Made in the U.S.A. with Organic Buckwheat
- No salt, flavorings, additives, or processing aids
- May support healthy blood sugar levels
- May support digestive health
- A delicious crunch factor
- May support cardiovascular health
- Nourishing levels of magnesium, iron, and phosphorus
- A complete source of protein containing all essential amino acids
Constituents of Buckwheat:
- Fiber, dietary
- Fats: Saturated, monounsaturated, polyunsaturated, omega-3, omega-6
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, sodium, Zinc, copper, selenium
- Vitamins: C, K, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9
Suggested Use: Enjoy by the handful, or sprinkle on salad, in trail mixes, or other dishes.
Miscellaneous Facts about our Organic Puffed Buckwheat
Ingredients: Organic Puffed Buckwheat.
Parts Used: Whole Seeds.
Botanical Name: Fagopyrum esculentum.
Origin: Grown and harvested in the USA. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
- Our Organic Puffed Buckwheat is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep your Organic Puffed Buckwheat in a cool, dark, dry place.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.