Organic Sea Buckthorn Fruit is a source of powerful antioxidants and rare fatty acids, thanks to its very high vitamin C, carotenoids and phenolic content. As a result of the powerful antioxidant levels, its ability to protect against aging of the skin and the effects of environmental pollution has been noted. The beneficial uses of this berry were recognized by ancient civilizations. The Greeks were the first to discover the benefits of the Sea Buckthorn berries 1,200 years ago. The berries are mentioned in Chinese and Tibetan medical texts from around 1,000 years ago.
Sea Buckthorn's berries contain more than 100 different kinds of nutrients and bioactive substances including vitamins, fatty acids and free amino acids. Recent scientific studies indicate that sea buckthorn supports the immune system and may help protect the liver. External uses of Sea Buckthorn could include helping with a wide variety of skin problems, including burns, bed sores, eczema, dermatitis and radiation injury.
Today, over one hundred and twenty specific studies on sea buckthorn and countless studies on the biological properties found in the plant have shown that this small berry promotes good health. Sea buckthorn has been called the superfruit, and given its nutritional profile, it is no wonder. This fruit has a high abundance of some of the rarest and most powerful antioxidants in the world. Not only that, but it is the only plant known to contain essential fatty acids 3, 6, 7 and 9.
Organic Sea Buckthorn Berries contain more than 190 biologically active compounds, including:
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D, K, and P
- Omega 3, 6, 7 & 9 (Essential Fatty Acids or EFAs)
- 42 Lipids
- Organic Acids
- Amino Acids
- Folate (also known as vitamin B9 & natural folic acid)
- 20 Mineral Elements
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Sea Buckthorn Fruit Juice Powder may include:
- Improving cardiovascular health
- Relief for the cough
- Improving skin complexion, anti-acne treatment
- Supporting for healthy blood sugar levels
- Helping for scald & burn wound repair
- Aiding digestion
- Cellular rejuvenation
- Natural energy boost
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- Invigorating blood circulation
- Healing Mucosa injuries
- Improving brain & nervous system function
- Alleviating pain
- Protecting against premature aging of the skin
- Fighting cellular mutation
- Strong antioxidant network
- Improving nervous system health
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with juice, yogurt or add to your favorite smoothie.
Mixing Suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic rose hips powder.
Botanical Name: Hippophae Rhamnoides.
*This product contains a small amount of tapioca maltodextrin, which is a starch made from organically grown non-GMO yuca root (cassava root). This starch acts as a drying agent and is necessary to keep this powder from clumping into hard chunks or one solid brick.
For more information about tapioca starch derived from cassava root (yuca root) click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassava
Other Names: Seabuckthorn, Argasse, Argousier, Buckthorn, Chharma, Dhar-Bu, Espino Armarillo, Espino Falso, Finbar, Grisset, Meerdorn, Oblepikha, Purging Thorn, Rokitnik, Sallow Thorn, Sanddorn, Sea Buckhorn, Sceitbezien, Sea-Buckthorn, Seedorn, Star-Bu, Tindved.
Parts Used: Whole, Sea Buckthorn fruit (No Seed).
Ingredients: Organic Sea Buckthorn Fruit Juice Powder and Organic non-GMO tapioca maltodextrin derived from yuca root*.
Origin: Grown and dried in China. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.