Raw Sushi Nori is a seaweed and a natural source of Potassium iodide (KI) / Iodine.
Iodine is a chemical element essential for the production of thyroid hormones that regulate growth and metabolism. Diets deficient in iodine increase risk of retarded brain development in children (cretinism), mental slowness, high cholesterol, lethargy, fatigue, depression, weight gain, and goiter: a swelling of the thyroid gland in the neck.
The natural Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI) from Sushi Nori may be absorbed by your body more slowly and safely than chemical or synthetic iodine. Sushi Nori helps promote an alkaline pH balance within the body and also boosts the immune system.
Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI), administered orally immediately after certain types of environmental exposures, may be used to support healthy thyroid function from these exposures. But Potassium iodide (KI) would only be effective if the radiation contains radioactive iodine.
Some possible health benefits and traditional uses of Raw Organic Sushi Nori Sheets may include:
- A natural source of Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI)
- May support healthy circulation
- May support the maintenance of a healthy body weight
- May support healthy lipid levels
- A source of polysaccharides
- May support healthy blood pressure levels
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May support a healthy metabolic process
- May support bladder health
- More vitamin C than oranges
- A natural source of vitamin A which supports healthy eyesight
- May support healthy kidney function
- Good natural source of vitamin K
- May support a healthy thyroid
- A natural source of bioavailable iron
- May play a role in lowering risk of estrogen-related problems
- May support healthy lipid levels
- Antiviral, anticoagulant, & antithrombotic properties
- Contains fucoidans which may support a healthy inflammation response
- Natural source of the mineral vanadium which appears to play a multi-faceted role in regulation of carbohydrate metabolism & blood sugar
Constituents of Nori include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin -12, Choline, Inositol, Vitamin A (IU)
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine,. Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine
How to make the Best Raw Sushi Nori Rolls:
- Place several sheets on a flat surface.
- Cut your favorite raw veggies into small pieces or long strips and place across the middle of nori sheets.
- Spread a nut/seed pate (soak seeds then blend with lemon, spices and water).
- Drizzle with your favorite salad dressing.
- Then roll the nori sheet tightly over the contents and moisten the edge with water to seal.
- Cut in 2 or more pieces and serve with dipping sauce.
- These rolls can be refrigerated.
Suggested Use: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with a smoothie or hot soup or crumble on any dish to add a light salty flavor. Also works great to wrap your favorite sushi.
Miscellaneous Facts about our raw Organic Sushi Nori Sheets
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
Ingredients: Raw Nori.
Botanical Name: Porphyra yezoensis.
Other Names: Nori sushi, nori sheets, sushi sheets, nori roll.
Origin: Grown and dried in China. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
- Our raw Organic Sushi Nori Sheets are packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep your raw Sushi Nori Sheets in a cool, dark, dry place.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.