Cacao, "the food of the gods" has been used for centuries to boost energy and enhance mood. With over 300 identifiable chemical compounds, cacao remains one of the most complex and pleasurable foods on the planet. In its raw form, cacao contains anandamide (a euphoric substance), arginine (a natural aphrodisiac and vasodilator), phenethylamine (a neurotransmitter that can combat depression and E. coli) and tryptophan (a natural antidepressant). By raising the neurotransmitters in our brain, cacao promotes an overall feeling of well being. In essence, raw chocolate makes you happy!
What's the Difference between Cacao and Cocoa? The official name of the chocolate tree is Theobroma Cacao. Some experts believe that over time the word "cacao" became Anglicized, and most likely through common error people started calling it "cocoa". Now, with the rebirth of old-style, artisanal chocolate there is a movement to reclaim the beans rightful name: cacao (pronounced Ka-Kow). Today, the two words are often used interchangeably.
Cacao is also high in the mineral magnesium, essential for helping the heart to pump blood efficiently, building strong bones, and lowering blood pressure. Cacao is a good source of sulfur, generating healthy skin, nails and hair. Cacao contains one of the highest levels of antioxidants on the planet, exceeding that of red wine, green tea and many other exotic fruits and vegetables. Recent scientific studies have shown that cacao boosts blood flow to the heart, brain and other organs and while having protective effects against heart disease. It has also been shown to be helpful in lowering blood glucose levels. Research from Germany also suggests that the flavanols in cacao may help maintain youthful, beautiful skin.
Our Organic Sweet Cacao nibs are a truly healthy chocolate. Enjoy them on their own as a crunchy, flavorful snack. Add them to ice cream or fruit smoothies. Mix them with nuts, bananas and dates to create your own trail mix. Turn your cravings for chocolate into super nutrition by reconnecting with the power of real chocolate. Try our Raw Organic Sweet Raw Cacao Nibs today!
Cacao and dark chocolate has been shown to have excellent antioxidant levels exceeding red wine, green tea, and other exotic fruits and vegetables. ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) values of dark chocolate (13,120 per 100 grams) exceed those of prunes (5,700), blueberries (2,400), strawberries (1,540) and spinach (1,260). But adding milk to chocolate does not help, in fact, it seems to block the activity of the phytochemicals responsible for the powerful antioxidant capacity of cacao.
Some possible benefits of Raw Organic Sweet Cacao Nibs may include:
- May contain mood supportive properties
- May support the dilation of healthy blood vessels
- May support healthy cellular functioning
- Possibly a super powerful antioxidant
- May support a healthy cardiovascular system
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May support active digestion
- May encourage healthy kidney & bowel function
- May support the formation of healthy skin
- May support a vital cardiovascular system
- Possibly acts as a strong stress reliever
- May aid in the relaxation of muscles
- May support the building and maintenance of strong bones & teeth
- May contain more magnesium than any other food
- May support healthy blood glucose levels
- May reduce free radicals in the body
- May help with breast milk production
- May support healthy lipid levels
- Possibly shown to improve endothelial function in overweight adults
- May support healthy blood pressure
- May promote an overall feeling of well-being
- May help to maintain youthful skin, hair & nails
- May help athletes to recover from the oxidative stress of strenuous activities
- Natural source of anandamide, phenylethylamine, arginine & 300 other natural compounds
Constituents of Sweet Cacao Nibs include:
- Minerals: Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Sulfur
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan
- Phytochemicals: Flavonoids, PEA (phenylethylamine), Anandamide, Theobromine, Caffeine, Resveratrol
- Essential Fatty Acids: Oleic Acid
Ingredients: Crushed Organic Cacao Beans, Organic Palm Nectar, Sea Salt.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic cashews and sun dried goji berries.
Suggested Uses: Eat a small handful (1 oz) of sweet cacao nibs alone. Add to ice cream, your favorite smoothie or to homemade trail mix.
Botanical Name: Theobroma cacao.
Other Names: Cocoa, Chocolate Tree, Koko, Kakaobaum, kakaw, kakao.
Ingredients: Raw Organic Sweet Cacao Nibs.
Origin: Grown in Indonesia. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Sweet Raw Cacao Beans are organically grown and pass our strict quality assurance which typically includes testing for botanical identity, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers organic Raw Sweet Cacao Nibs packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing to preserve maximum potency. Keep your raw Organic Sweet Cacao Nibs in a cool, dark, dry place.