Organic Turkey Tail Mushroom Powder
Commonly called turkey tail because its shape and multiple colors are similar to a turkey, turkey tail mushroom (Trametes Versicolor) has been used worldwide for centuries to treat a variety of health conditions.
Traditionally used in Chinese medicine; turkey tail mushroom is thought to boost the immune system with its disease-fighting properties.
Turkey tail and mushrooms like it have been widely-researched and have been a staple for many ancient civilizations. Not just because of their culinary options, but mushrooms have also been used for their medicinal properties.
- Chinese and Japanese cultures have used mushrooms to improve their quality of life
- Ancient Greeks believed that mushrooms provided strength for warriors in battle (International Journal of Microbiology)
Today, mushrooms are a popular natural health food because they are low in calories, low in carbohydrates, low fat, and low in sodium. (International Journal of Microbiology)
Turkey Tail Medicinal Mushroom
While there is an abundance of mushrooms with medicinal properties, turkey tail is one of the most well-known. Perhaps its most impressive quality is its ability to enhance the health of your immune system.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently approved a clinical trial for a turkey tail extract, allowing patients with advanced prostate cancer to take it in combination with conventional chemotherapy. Another trial pending FDA approval will test the effects of taking the extract along with a vaccine treatment in women with breast cancer. These will help researchers gather safety data and continue their development of potentially transformative cancer therapy. (Medicinal Mushrooms)
The National Institute of Health reports (Medicinal Mushrooms):
“Medicinal mushrooms are also used for lung diseases and cancer. For more than 30 years, medicinal mushrooms have been approved as an addition to standard cancer treatments in Japan and China. In these countries, mushrooms have been used safely for a long time, either alone or combined with radiation or chemotherapy.”
Researchers with the U.S. Department of Agriculture have found that polysaccharides in mushrooms have unique traits that may support a healthy metabolism, blood sugar levels, and immune system response. They also have health-promoting potentials including anti-oxidative and the ability to support a healthy inflammation response. (Mushroom Polysaccharides)
- Researchers from the Antioxidants of Edible Mushrooms journal found that edible mushrooms enhance antioxidant defenses reducing oxidative stress. (Antioxidants of Edible Mushrooms Journal).
- Dietary mushrooms may have also been shown to support healthy blood pressure levels. (Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology)
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Turkey Tail Mushroom Powder may include:
- Powerful antioxidant benefits
- May support a healthy immune response
- Supports healthy energy levels
- May support healthy insulin resistance
- A natural source of beta-glucan, X-fraction, & L-ergothioneine
- May support healthy blood pressure levels
- May help support the body's ability to reduce cellular mutations
- Supporting healthy blood sugar levels
- Aiding digestion by regulating the stomach & intestines & helping eliminate food stagnation
Typical Constituents of Turkey Tail Mushroom include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Vitamin D2 & 3
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine
- Polysaccharides; 1,3; 1,4; 1,6 Beta D-Glucans
- Exopolysaccharides: Heteromanans, Heterofucans, Heteroxylans
- Lipids: Octadecanoic and octadecadienoic acids
- Phospholipids: Phosphatidylethanolamine, Phosphatidylcholine, Phosphatidylinositol, Phosphatidylserine and Phosphatidic acid, Ergosterol (vitamin D2)
Suggested use: 1 tablespoon daily in soup, smoothie, or on a salad.
Decoction: Use the ratio of 1 tablespoon of the herb for every 10 ounces of water. Put all ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover & lower to a simmer for 20-30 minutes. Turn the heat off and allow the mixture to sit for another 10 minutes. Strain and serve (this method is specific for barks and roots).
Tincture: This method can take 15 to 30 days. You will need 3 items (mason jar with cover, the herb/herbs of your choice, liquid for extracting). The extracting liquid can be alcohol, alcohol/ water combo, vinegar or vegetable glycerin. Take the product and fill the jar ¾ full, add the liquid of your choice and close the jar. Then shake the jar so everything is well mixed. Give the jar a good 5 minute shake, several times a day. After 15 to 30 days strain and bottle in glass tincture jars.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our Luo han 7% extract powder in a hot tea. (please follow instructions for decoction above)
Botanical Name: Trametes versicolor or Coriolus versicolor
Other Names: Coriolus versicolor, Trametes versicolor, Polyporus versicolor, Polystictus versicolor, Turkey Tail fungus, the Turkey Tail, Cloud mushroom, PSK, PSP, yun zhi, (2)
Parts Used: Turkey Tail Mushroom.
Ingredients: Turkey Tail Mushroom Powder.
Origin: Grown and dried in China. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
This product is natural and minimally processed.
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.