Have you tried our amazing wheatgrass sprouting seeds? Well if you haven't, get on board! Wheatgrass sprouting seeds are fast and simple to grow. They provide an excellent source of super nutrition and are one of the top sources of live chlorophyll available. Wheatgrass may help to cleanse and build the blood due to its high content of chlorophyll. Only green plants can transform the sun’s energy into chlorophyll through the process of photosynthesis. Chlorophyll is known as the ‘life-blood’ of plants. This important phytonutrient is what your cells need to naturally heal and thrive. Eating wheatgrass is like eating sunshine.
Wheatgrass is considered by many naturopathic practitioners as nature's finest medicine. Wheatgrass is an incredible source of nutrition. It has double the amount of Vitamin A as carrots and a higher Vitamin C content than oranges. It contains the full spectrum of B vitamins, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium and potassium in a whole, balanced ratio. Wheatgrass is a complete source of protein and contains all essential amino acids. The protein in wheatgrass may support your body's blood stream and healthy tissue growth.
In addition, sprouting your own wheatgrass at home is more cost effective than purchasing it from expensive natural food stores and juice bars. We love sharing wheatgrass sprouts with family, friends and even pets!
Some possible traditional uses of Organic Wheatgrass Sprouting Seeds may include:
- May support a healthy immune response
- May support a healthy circulatory system
- One of the top sources of live chlorophyll, an important phytonutrient
- Source of Vitamins A, C and the full spectrum of B
- Source of calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, potassium, protein, amino acids
- May support healthy cellular function
- May support healthy tissue growth
- May support a healthy blood stream
Constituents of Wheatgrass include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium, Chromium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Betaine, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Lutein & Zeaxanthin, Vitamin E, Beta Tocopherol, Gamma Tocopherol, Delta Tocopherol, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine,. Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine, Beta-Alanine
- Phytochemicals: Anthraquinones, Saponins, Avo-noids, Tannins, Alkaloids, Terpenoids, Phenolics, Superoxide Dismutase, P4D1, Muco-polysaccharides, Chlorophyll
For additional constituent information, visit:
Organic Wheatgrass sprouting seeds are great for growing your own fresh wheatgrass!
Suggested Use: Soak 1/3 cup of organic wheatgrass sprouting seeds (enough to cover a 5"x5" sprouting tray) in cool 70ºF filtered water for 8-12 hours. Rinse and drain well. Keep seeds out of direct sunlight and rinse and drain thoroughly with cool water every 8 to 12 hours. After 2 - 3 rinse and drain cycles, when most of the seeds have sprouted tiny (1/8-1/4 inch) roots it is time to plant. Rinse your wheatgrass seeds one last time and then sprinkle them across the planting medium. Spread them out as evenly as you can. The seeds should be quite dense and are ok if some are on top of each other. Cover tray, but allow air circulation. Gently water 1 - 2 times per day. On day 3 or 4 when your grass is 1" - 2" high, move the tray to a well lit location with direct sunlight. Water daily and around day 10, your wheatgrass is ready to harvest.
Botanical Name: Triticum aestivum.
Other Names: Agropyron, Couchgrass, Cutch, Dog Grass, Durfa Grass, Quack Grass, Quitch Grass, Scotch Quelch, Twitchgrass, Witch Grass
Parts Used: Wheatgrass seeds.
Ingredients: Raw Organic Wheatgrass Sprouting Seeds.
Origin: Grown and dried in Canada. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Wheatgrass Sprouting Seed is certified organic and passes our strict quality assurance which typically includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers Organic Wheatgrass Sprouting Seed packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Organic Wheatgrass Sprouting Seed in a cool, dark, dry place.