Every time I make this dish, people say ...
“This is the best Mac
“It’s pretty darn good!”, if I say so myself. Which is why I wanted to teach you how to make this awesome recipe, too!
Having the cashew cheese on hand (Cashew Cream Cheese Recipe) will make this a very easily-prepared nourishing meal! Accompany this with sauteed vegetables or a big dark green salad -- and give yourself tons of tasty nutrition.
- 1 lb cooked pasta al dente (make it a harder “al dente” as the pasta will be baked again) coated
ina little oil to not stick together.
- 1 lb Cashew cream cheese
- ½ cup of Nutritional Yeast
- 4 medium onion sliced thin
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ cup olive oil or ghee*
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 2 cups Vegetable broth or bone broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
* Using ghee will add the familiar buttery flavor without the lactose but olive or avocado oil work beautifully, too.
- Begin by sauteing the onions in the ghee or olive oil on med-high heat until soft, translucent and browning.
- Add 2 tbsp of water to the onions and cook-off the water.
- The onions are now ready to mix together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together and place in a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- Place under the broiler for 10 minutes to create a beautiful golden brown finish.
About Denise Girard, ZNF Master Chef
Denise Girard is a classically trained chef and an award-winning film writer. Certified by the Institute of Integrative Nutrition (IIN) as a Holistic Health Practitioner (CHHP), Denise brings a unique set of training and skills to the food industry.
Being trained worldwide, she has been advised and educated by leading Medical and Naturopathic doctors in North America and Western Europe, including England, Switzerland, Italy
For Bulk inquiries and custom formulations click here: https://www.znaturalfoods.com/pages/bulk