How often have we bought those “healthy” granola bars only to find they are loaded with sugars, fillers, and preservatives -- mostly just to lengthen their shelf-life.
Compared to a Snickers bar, potato chips or cream-filled cookies, some grocery store granola bars may be a healthier snack.
But today, we truly have a tastier, healthier, homemade option that will make you never want a store-bought granola bar ever again!
These bars are easy to make at home - with none of those unwanted add-ons we don’t like.
And in less than 30-minutes, you can have your very own homemade granola bars!
Making your own also gives the added benefit of pleasing the picky children you may have at home. You have the option to add your favorite fruit or nut into the bar.
Some benefits of our Simple Chewy Granola Bars:
- Rolled Oats: Oats are one of the few foods that can be claimed as 100% whole grain straight from the package. Oats are also a great source of soluble fiber, which may help support healthy digestive functions.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in healthy fats, Vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. They are also widely praised for their flavor and high protein content, which is higher than eggs.
- Honey: Honey is full of antioxidants and may support a healthy immune system. Honey has also been traditionally used for its possible antiseptic properties and possible abilities to help the body’s natural healing response.
Simple Chewy Granola Bars Ingredients:
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup chopped Almonds
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Honey
Easy Directions for these tasty Granola Bars:
- Combine the oats, almond butter, almonds, chocolate chips, and honey in a medium-size bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper, allowing the paper to fall over the edges. Press the oat mixture into the pan.
- Layer an additional pan on the oat mixture and press down for one minute to ensure the ingredients stick together.
- Place in the freezer for 45 minutes or until firm.
- Remove paper from pan and then cut into pieces as desired.