If you thought pancakes couldn’t be delicious AND healthy, think again.
This just means you haven’t tried our Coconut Pecan Protein Pancakes, yet.
Packed with 24 grams of high-quality vanilla whey protein and the deliciousness of 100% whole grain organic rolled oats, these pancakes will make everyone happy.
And if you truly want to surprise mom this Mother’s Day, just cook these up and top with her favorite topping - or just follow this awesome recipe.
Here’s what you need and how to make them...
- 1-½ Cup of Rolled Oats (Organic)
- 1-½ Cup of Buttermilk (Organic)
- ½ Cup of Vanilla Cream Whey Protein Isolate
- ¼ Cup of Mammoth Pecan Halves (Raw, Organic)
- ¼ Cup of Coconut Flour (Organic)
- 2 Tbsp of Coconut Palm Sugar (Organic)
- 2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil (Organic)
- 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp of Cinnamon Powder (Cassia) (Organic)
- ½ Tsp of Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp of Himalayan Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- Pure Premium Backyard Honey (Raw)
- Roast rolled oats and make oats powder in a food processor.
- In a bowl, mix the oats powder, vanilla cream whey protein, chopped pecans, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a second bowl, beat an egg into buttermilk, add sugar and coconut oil, mix well.
- Gently stir the mixture from the second bowl (egg, buttermilk, and oil) into the dry ingredients (oats, whey, coconut flour, pecans, etc), mix well until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-low heat.
- Pour the batter onto the griddle or skillet, using approximately ¼ cup for each pancake (or any size you like).
- Flip pancakes after bubbles rise to surface and bottoms brown. Cook until the second side is lightly browned.
- Add chopped pecans on top of each pancake (or any nuts/fruits as desired).
- Serve with honey.