Almond Milk is delicious and healthy. But how hard is it to make?
Well, now making your own Almond Milk is a ‘piece of cake’!
All you need are these 3 ingredients:
- 1 cup raw organic almonds
- 2 cups filtered water, plus more for soaking
- Sweeteners like honey, sugar, yacon syrup (optional)
Simple and Easy Directions:
- Soak the almonds overnight. Place the almonds in a bowl and cover with about an inch of water. Let stand on the counter covered overnight, or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Drain and rinse the almonds. Drain the almonds from their soaking water and rinse them thoroughly under cool running water. The almonds should feel a bit soft if you press them.
- Combine the almonds and water in a blender or food processor. Place the almonds in the blender or food processor and cover with 2 cups of filtered water.
- Blend medium to high speed for 3 minutes. The almonds should be pulverized into a fine powder and the water should be white and cloudy.
- Strain the almonds. Strain with a cheesecloth, and place over a measuring cup. Pour the almond mixture into the strainer.
- Press all the almond milk. Gather the cheesecloth around the almond mixture and twist close. Squeeze and press with clean hands to extract as much almond milk as possible. You should get about 2 cups.
- Sweeten to taste. Taste the almond milk and add a sweetener to taste. You may want to also add 1/4 tsp of Vanilla extract.