1. Ban JO, Oh JH, Kim TM et al. Anti-inflammatory and arthritic effects of thiacremonone, a novel sulfur compound isolated from garlic via inhibition of NF-kB. Arthritis Res Ther. 2009; 11(5): R145. Epub 2009 Sep 30. 2009.
2. Benavides GA, Squadrito GL, Mills RW et al. Hydrogen sulfide mediates the vasoactivity of garlic. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007 Nov 13;104(46):17977-82. 2007.
3. Cavagnaro PF, Camargo A, Galmarini CR, Simon PW. Effect of cooking on garlic (Allium sativum L.) antiplatelet activity and thiosulfinates content. J Agric Food Chem. 2007 Feb 21;55(4):1280-8. Epub 2007 Jan 27. 2007. PMID:17256959.
4. Galeone C, Pelucchi C, Levi F, Negri E, Franceschi S, Talamini R, Giacosa A, La Vecchia C. Onion and garlic use and human cancer. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Nov;84(5):1027-32. 2006. PMID:17093154.
5. Galeone C, Pelucchi C, Talamini R et al. Onion and garlic intake and the odds of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Urology. 2007 Oct;70(4):672-6. 2007.
6. Galeone C, Tavani A, Pelucchi C, et al. Allium vegetable intake and risk of acute myocardial infarction in Italy. Eur J Nutr. 2009 Mar;48(2):120-3. 2009.
7. Gautam S, Platel K and Srinivasan K. Higher bioaccessibility of iron and zinc from food grains in the presence of garlic and onion. J Agric Food Chem. 2010 Jul 28;58(14):8426-9. 2010.
8. Ghalambor A and Pipelzadeh MH. Clinical study on the efficacy of orally administered crushed fresh garlic in controlling Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection in burn patients with varying burn degrees. Jundishapur Journal of Microbiology 2009; 2(1):7-13. 2009.
9. Hosono-Fukao T, Hosono T, Seki T el al. Diallyl Trisulfide Protects Rats from Carbon Tetrachloride-Induced Liver Injury. The Journal of Nutrition. Bethesda: Dec 2009. Vol. 139, Iss. 12; p. 2252-2256. 2009.
10. Kaschula CH, Hunter R, and Parker MI. Garlic-derived anticancer agents: structure and biological activity of ajoene. Biofactors. 2010 Jan;36(1):78-85. 2010.
11. Keophiphath M, Priem F, Jacquemond-Collet I et al. 1,2-Vinyldithiin from Garlic Inhibits Differentiation and Inflammation of Human Preadipocytes. The Journal of Nutrition. Bethesda: Nov 2009. Vol. 139, Iss. 11; p. 2055-2060. 2009.
12. Lawson LD and Gardner CD. Composition, Stability, and Bioavailability of Garlic Products Being Used in a Clinical Trial. J Agric Food Chem. 2005 August 10; 53(16): 6254-6261. 2005.
13. Lazarevic K, Nagorni A, Rancic N et al. Dietary factors and gastric cancer risk: hospital-based case control study. J Buon. 2010 Jan-Mar;15(1):89-93. 2010.
14. Lee YM, Gweon OC, Seo YJ et al. Antioxidant effect of garlic and aged black garlic in animal model of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Nutr Res Pract. 2009 Summer;3(2):156-61. 2009.
15. Melino S, Sabelli R and Paci M. Allyl sulfur compounds and cellular detoxification system: effects and perspectives in cancer therapy. Amino Acids. 2010 Mar 6. [Epub ahead of print]. 2010.
16. Mukherjee S, Lekli I, Goswami S et al. Freshly Crushed Garlic is a Superior Cardioprotective Agent than Processed Garlic. J Agric Food Chem. 2009 August 12; 57(15): 7137-7144. doi: 10.1021/jf901301w. 2009.
17. Nahdi A, Hammami I, Brasse-Lagnel C et al. Influence of garlic or its main active component diallyl disulfide on iron bioavailability and toxicity. Nutr Res. 2010 Feb;30(2):85-95. . 2010.
18. Nemeth K and Piskula MK. Food content, processing, absorption and metabolism of onion flavonoids. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2007;47(4):397-409. 2007.
19. Nimni ME, Han B and Cordoba F. Are we getting enough sulfur in our diet?. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2007 Nov 6;4:24-36. 2007.
20. Pedraza-Chaverrí J, Gil-Ortiz M, Albarrán G et al. Garlic's ability to prevent in vitro Cu2+-induced lipoprotein oxidation in human serum is preserved in heated garlic: effect unrelated to Cu2+-chelation. Nutr J. 2004; 3:10. 2004.
21. Reinhart KM, Talati R, White CM et al. The impact of garlic on lipid parameters: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Nutr Res Rev. 2009 Jun;22(1):39-48. 2009.
22. Ried K, Frank OR, Stocks NP et al. Effect of garlic on blood pressure: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2008 Jun 16;8:13. 2008.
23. Rivlin RS. Can garlic reduce risk of cancer?. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009 January; 89(1): 17-18. Published online 2008 December 3. 2009.
24. Salih BA, Abasiyanik FM. Does regular garlic intake affect the prevalence of Helicobacter pylori in asymptomatic subjects?. Saudi Med J. Aug;24(8):842-5. 2003.
25. Shin HA, Cha YY, Park MS et al. Diallyl sulfide induces growth inhibition and apoptosis of anaplastic thyroid cancer cells by mitochondrial signaling pathway. Oral Oncol. 2010 Apr;46(4):e15-8. 2010.
26. Siegel G, Michel F, Ploch M, Rodriguez M, Malmsten M. [Inhibition of arteriosclerotic plaque development by garlic]. Wien Med Wochenschr. 2004 Nov;154(21-22):515-22. 2004. PMID:15638070.
27. Tilli CM, Stavast-Kooy AJ, Vuerstaek JD, Thissen MR, Krekels GA, Ramaekers FC, Neumann HA. The garlic-derived organosulfur component ajoene decreases basal cell carcinoma tumor size by inducing apoptosis. Arch Dermatol Res. Jul;295(3):117-23. 2003.
28. Wang Y, Zhang L, Moslehi R et al. Long-Term Garlic or Micronutrient Supplementation, but Not Anti-Helicobacter pylori Therapy, Increases Serum Folate or Glutathione Without Affecting Serum Vitamin B-12 or Homocysteine in a Rural Chine. J Nutr. 2009 January; 139(1): 106'112. 2009.
29. Wilson CL, Aboyade-Cole A, Darling-Reed S, Thomas RD. Poster Presentations, Session A, Abstract 2543: A30 Diallyl Sulfide Antagonizes PhIP Induced Alterations in the Expression of Phase I and Phase II Metabolizing Enzymes in Human Breast Epithelial Cells. presented at the American Association for Cancer Research's Frontiers in Cancer Prevention Research meeting in Baltimore, MD, July 2005. 2005.
30. Zare A, Farzaneh P, Pourpak Z et al. Purified aged garlic extract modulates allergic airway inflammation in BALB/c mice. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2008 Sep;7(3):133-41. 2008.
31. Activities of Garlic Oil, Garlic Powder, and Their Diallyl Constituents against Helicobacter pylori.
32. Allison GL, Lowe GM, Rahman K Aged garlic extract and its constituents inhibit platelet aggregation through multiple mechanisms . J Nutr. (2006).
33. Keophiphath M, et al 1,2-vinyldithiin from garlic inhibits differentiation and inflammation of human preadipocytes . J Nutr. (2009).
34. Biological properties of garlic and garlic-derived organosulfur compounds
35. Biological and Chemical Stability of Garlic-Derived Allicin
36. Sheen LY, et al Metabolites of diallyl disulfide and diallyl sulfide in primary rat hepatocytes . Food Chem Toxicol. (1999)
37. Ban JO, et al Anti-inflammatory and arthritic effects of thiacremonone, a novel sulfur compound isolated from garlic via inhibition of NF-kappaB . Arthritis Res Ther. (2009)
38. Nohara T, et al Cyclic sulfoxides garlicnins B2, B3, B4, C2, and C3 from Allium sativum . Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). (2013)
39. El-Aasr M, et al Garlicnin A from the fraction regulating macrophage activation of Allium sativum . Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). (2011)
40. Garlicnins B1, C1, and D, from the Fraction Regulating Macrophage Activation of Allium sativumAllixin Accumulation with Long-term Storage of Garlic
41. Yamasaki T, Teel RW, Lau BH Effect of allixin, a phytoalexin produced by garlic, on mutagenesis, DNA-binding and metabolism of aflatoxin B1 . Cancer Lett. (1991)
42. Chang HS, et al Modulatory influence of sodium 2-propenyl thiosulfate from garlic on cyclooxygenase activity in canine platelets: possible mechanism for the anti-aggregatory effect . Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. (2005)
43. Hassan ZM, et al Immunomodulatory affect of R10 fraction of garlic extract on natural killer activity . Int Immunopharmacol. (2003)
44. Ghazanfari T, et al Garlic induces a shift in cytokine pattern in Leishmania major-infected BALB/c mice . Scand J Immunol. (2000)
45. Isolation and characterization of angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitor dipeptides derived from Allium sativum L (garlic)
46. Lidder S, Webb AJ Vascular effects of dietary nitrate (as found in green leafy vegetables and beetroot) via the nitrate-nitrite-nitric oxide pathway . Br J Clin Pharmacol. (2013)
47. Horn-Ross PL, et al Assessing phytoestrogen exposure in epidemiologic studies: development of a database (United States) . Cancer Causes Control. (2000)
48. Thompson LU, et al Mammalian lignan production from various foods . Nutr Cancer. (1991)
49. Miean KH, Mohamed S Flavonoid (myricetin, quercetin, kaempferol, luteolin, and apigenin) content of edible tropical plants . J Agric Food Chem. (2001)
50. Gorinstein S, et al Comparison of the main bioactive compounds and antioxidant activities in garlic and white and red onions after treatment protocols . J Agric Food Chem. (2008)
51. Comparison of antioxidant activities of onion and garlic extracts by inhibition of lipid peroxidation and radical scavenging activity
52. Beato VM, et al Changes in phenolic compounds in garlic (Allium sativum L.) owing to the cultivar and location of growth . Plant Foods Hum Nutr. (2011)
53. Garlic (Allium sativum L.) and ready-to-eat garlic products: In vitro antioxidant activity.
54. Choi MK1, Kang MH, Kim MH The analysis of copper, selenium, and molybdenum contents in frequently consumed foods and an estimation of their daily intake in korean adults . Biol Trace Elem Res. (2009)
55. Alrefaie ZA, Amin HA, Elgayed SH Estrogenicity of outer scales of onion on uteri of immature mice . Can J Physiol Pharmacol. (2011)
56. Cha CW A study on the effect of garlic to the heavy metal poisoning of rat . J Korean Med Sci. (1987)
57. Arnault I, Auger J Seleno-compounds in garlic and onion . J Chromatogr A. (2006)
58. Garlic (Allium sativum) Lectins Bind to High Mannose Oligosaccharide Chains
59. Hinge A, et al Oral administration of insulin receptor-interacting lectins leads to an enhancement in the hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell pool of mice . Stem Cells Dev. (2010)
60. Chandra NR, et al Crystallization and preliminary crystallographic studies on the mannose-specific lectin from garlic . Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. (1997)
61. Comparative control of the bioactivity of some frequently consumed vegetables subjected to different processing conditions
62. Louis XL, et al Garlic extracts prevent oxidative stress, hypertrophy and apoptosis in cardiomyocytes: a role for nitric oxide and hydrogen sulfide . BMC Complement Altern Med. (2012)
63. Hassan HT Ajoene (natural garlic compound): a new anti-leukaemia agent for AML therapy . Leuk Res. (2004)
64. Kodera Y, et al Physical, chemical, and biological properties of s-allylcysteine, an amino acid derived from garlic . J Agric Food Chem. (2002)
65. Aged Garlic Extract^TM^ - Kyolic
66. Gómez-Arbeláez D, et al Aged garlic extract improves adiponectin levels in subjects with metabolic syndrome: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized, crossover study . Mediators Inflamm. (2013)
67. You WC, et al Randomized double-blind factorial trial of three treatments to reduce the prevalence of precancerous gastric lesions . J Natl Cancer Inst. (2006)
68. Ichikawa M, et al Antioxidant effects of tetrahydro-beta-carboline derivatives identified in aged garlic extract . Biofactors. (2002)
69. Ichikawa M, et al Tetrahydro-beta-carboline derivatives in aged garlic extract show antioxidant properties . J Nutr. (2006)
70. Ryu K, et al N alpha-(1-deoxy-D-fructos-1-yl)-L-arginine, an antioxidant compound identified in aged garlic extract . J Nutr. (2001)
71. Chandrashekar PM, Prashanth KV, Venkatesh YP Isolation, structural elucidation and immunomodulatory activity of fructans from aged garlic extract . Phytochemistry. (2011)
72. Morihara N, Hayama M, Fujii H Aged garlic extract scavenges superoxide radicals . Plant Foods Hum Nutr. (2011)
73. Zeng T, et al Garlic oil alleviated ethanol-induced fat accumulation via modulation of SREBP-1, PPAR-a, and CYP2E1 . Food Chem Toxicol. (2012)
74. Ku DD, et al Garlic and its active metabolite allicin produce endothelium- and nitric oxide-dependent relaxation in rat pulmonary arteries . Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. (2002)
75. Song K, Milner JA The influence of heating on the anticancer properties of garlic . J Nutr. (2001)
76. Bhattacharyya M, et al Systemic production of IFN-alpha by garlic (Allium sativum) in humans . J Interferon Cytokine Res. (2007)
77. Effects of fresh, aged and cooked garlic extracts on short- and long-term memory in diabetic rats.
78. Gorinstein S, et al Raw and boiled garlic enhances plasma antioxidant activity and improves plasma lipid metabolism in cholesterol-fed rats . Life Sci. (2006)
79. Pedraza-Chaverrí J, et al Garlic's ability to prevent in vitro Cu2+-induced lipoprotein oxidation in human serum is preserved in heated garlic: effect unrelated to Cu2+-chelation . Nutr J. (2004).