Years ago in Japan, the Maitake had monetary value and was worth its weight in silver. Historically, Maitake has been used as a tonic and adaptogen. It was used as a food to help promote wellness and vitality. The medicinal properties of the Maitake mushroom have been studied since the mid 1980's. Clinical research of Maitake has increased dramatically over the past several years. Studies have shown Maitake qualities to support a healthy immune system response. In 1992, Maitake's antiviral activity was confirmed by both National Cancer Institute and the Japan Institute of Health. In addition, the Maitake mushroom has been the subject of research against HIV. This mushroom contains polysaccharides which are among the most powerful studied to-date. When taken orally, it is easily absorbed. The Maitake mushroom is a delicious, soft-fleshed polypore with excellent nutritional properties. It's may support healthy insulin and lipid levels in plasma demonstrated a change similar to blood glucose when eaten. Many studies are continuing on Maitake Mushrooms.
Most of maitake's health benefits seem to come from one main source. They contain beta-glucan, a polysaccharide compound thought to nourish the immune system by activating effector cells like macrophages, natural killer cells, and T cells. In addition to their role in general immunity, these types of antibodies also act against abnormal cells. The polysaccharide is also thought to be the source of the mushroom's ability to possibly support healthy blood sugar levels.
On top of all that, maitakes are also a natural source of minerals like potassium, calcium and magnesium, B vitamins, and amino acids. With all that and the fact that they taste great too, it's more than worth checking out this exotic fungal gem.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Maitake Mushroom Powder may include:
- Excellent antioxidant benefits
- May support a healthy immune response
- Supports healthy energy levels
- May support healthy insulin resistance
- A natural source of beta glucan, X-fraction, & L-ergothioneine
- May support healthy blood pressure levels
- May help support the body's ability to prevent cellular mutation
- Supporting healthy blood sugar levels
- Aiding digestion by regulating the stomach & intestines & helping eliminate food stagnation
Constituents of Maitake Mushroom include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Vitamin D2 & 3
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine,. Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine
- Polysaccharides;1,3; 1,4; 1,6 Beta D-Glucans
- Exopolysaccharides: Heteromanans, Heterofucans, Heteroxylans
- Lipids: Octadecanoic and octadecadienoic acids
- Phospholipids: Phosphatidylethanolamine, Phosphatidylcholine, Phosphatidylinositol, Phosphatidylserine and Phosphatidic acid, Ergosterol (vitamin D2)
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested use: 1 tablespoon daily in soup, smoothie, or on a salad.
Decoction: Use the ratio of 1 tablespoon of herb for every 10 ounces of water. Put all ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover & lower to a simmer for 20-30 minutes. Turn the heat off and allow the mixture to sit for another 10 minutes. Strain and serve (this method is specific for barks and roots).
Tincture: This method can take 15 to 30 days. You will need 3 items (mason jar with cover, the herb/herbs of your choice, liquid for extracting). The extracting liquid can be alcohol, alcohol/ water combo, vinegar or vegetable glycerin. Take the product and fill the jar ¾ full, add the liquid of your choice and close the jar. Then shake the jar so everything is well mixed. Give the jar a good 5 minute shake, several times a day. After 15 to 30 days strain and bottle in glass tincture jars.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our Luo han 7% extract powder in a hot tea. (please follow instructions for decoction above).
Botanical Name: Grifola frondosa.
Other Names: Maitake, Dancing Mushroom, Hen of the Woods.
Parts Used: Whole, Maitake Mushroom.
Ingredients: Raw Maitake Mushroom.
Origin: Grown and dried in USA. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Raw Maitake Mushroom Powder passes our strict quality assurance which typically includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers Raw Maitake Mushroom Powder packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Raw Maitake Mushroom Powder in a cool, dark, dry place.