Our Fancy Raw Mammoth Pecan Halves are big, beautiful, and absolutely delicious. You have to see and taste these to believe it. You won't find fresher pecans short of picking them off the tree yourself. Great for salads, desserts, or just eating them straight. If you love pecans, try our mammoth pecan halves - you'll be amazed!
Raw Pecans are particularly good for you because they contain more antioxidants than any other nut, according to a recent report published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry. Antioxidants are substances found in foods that support the body’s ability to protect against cell damage.
Just a handful of pecans contains vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc and fiber, as well as antioxidants. And because pecans are so rich in heart healthy fat, it doesn't take too many to feel full. In fact, studies have shown that eating nuts has a beneficial effect on the waistline.
Recently, several studies have found that nuts, including pecans should be included in your daily diet to help support a healthy immune system response . A study completed at the University of Florida found that pecans are loaded with antioxidants used to support a healthy constitution
The Mayo Clinic conducted a study which found that all nuts are nutrient dense and naturally cholesterol free. Not only are nuts cholesterol free but, studies have suggested that eating pecans may support healthy lipid levels which may lead to a decreased risk of cardiovascular disease. The serving size for nuts is about one ounce, which equals about 15 pecan halves. Pecans are a great staple for vegetarians, because one serving of pecans can take the place of the protein found in an ounce of meat. So, make sure you are eating enough pecans to reap all of the healthy benefits!
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Pecans may include:
- May support a healthy body weight
- May support healthy lipid levels
- May support a healthy immune system response
- May support a healthy neurological system
- May support a healthy heart
Constituents of Pecans include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Betaine, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Lutein & Zeaxanthin, Vitamin E, Beta Tocopherol, Gamma Tocopherol, Delta Tocopherol, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine,. Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine, Glycine
- Anthocyanidins: Delphinidin, Cyanidin
- Flavan-3-ols: Catechin, Epigallocatechin, Epicatechin, Epigallocatechin3-Gallate
- Proanthocyanidins: Proanthocyanidin Monomers, Proanthocyanidin Dimers, Proanthocyanidin Trimers, Proanthocyanidin 4-6mers, Proanthocyanidin 7-10mers, Proanthocyanidin (>10mers)
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use: Eat a handful as a healthy snack or add to recipes and dessert dishes.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile add our organic sun dried goji berries and 70% dark chocolate chips.
Botanical Name: Carya illinoinensis.
Other Names: Sweet Pecan, nogal morado, nuez encarcelada, pacanas.
Ingredients: Raw Pecan Halves.
Origin: Grown in Georgia, USA. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Raw Mammoth Pecan Halves pass our strict quality assurance which typically includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers Raw Pecan Halves packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. We recommend keeping your Raw Mammoth Pecan Halves refrigerated.