Mucuna Pruriens (non-GMO) is a natural source of L-Dopa which may help support mood, as well as energy and endurance levels. Traditionally, mucuna has been used to support stamina. In addition, it may help to encourage circulation in a healthy individual.
L-Dopa contains natural secretagogues which may support healthy HGH levels. The blood carries the dopamine into the brain, where it naturally increases HGH production from the pituitary gland. The increased dopamine levels may lead to increased vitality for both men and women. In a study done at the College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal, Mucuna Pruriens when administered in a dose of 75 mg/kg body weight daily, increased the vitality levels of male albino rats considerably by stimulating "male" levels. A ten fold increase in the mating frequency was observed. The research shows that active animals had increased stamina and improved endurance levels after 21 to 28 days. However, animals with initially low vitality levels did not derive any benefits.
Another research study shows that mucuna pruriens heightened sensitivity and activity to a moderate extent, but it also sustained it for longer time frames, as indicated by the increase in control group 1 and decrease in control group 2. Mucuna Pruriens is shown to possibly possess central depressant activity. This study shows that Mucuna Pruriens can be used to support healthy energy levels and increase stamina.
The total alkaloids from mucuna pruriens comprise of five alkaloids (purienine and purienidine). These alkaloids are found to possibly support healthy biological functions. This may lead to increased life-force levels. The alkaloids in mucuna pruriens may increase male levels either by action on glandular function or on leydig's cells.
Remarkably, Amazonian shamans utilized mucuna as a tool for supporting healthy sensory awareness and deeply meditative effects. Today, science indicates that it may support lucid dreaming and essential REM sleeping patterns. REM level sleep is imperative to support healthy energy levels, recovery and sense of wellbeing. Our Mucuna Pruriens Extract Powder is of the highest quality and processed in the perfect proportions to support the body.
Some possible traditional uses of Pure Mucuna Pruriens Extract Powder may include:
- May support overall vitality for men & women
- May improve mood & sense of well-being
- May support healthy energy levels
- Possibly supports healthy HGH levels
- May support bone health
- May support skin health
- May support a healthy nervous system
- May support healthy blood sugar levels
- May support deep sleeping patterns
- May have antioxidant properties
- May help to support a healthy lipid profile
- May support healthy and lean muscle mass
- May support a healthy immune response
Constituents of Mucuna include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Niacin, Riboflavin
- Amino Acids: Cystine,glutamic acid, glutathione, glycine, histidine, Isoleucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Serine, Threonine, Tyrosine, Valine
- Phytochemicals: Alkaloids, Alkylamines, Arachidic acid, Behenic acid, Betacarboline, Bufotenine, Dopamine, Fatty Acids, flavones, galactose d, gallic acid, 5-hydroxytryptamine, L-Dopa, Mannose D, , 6-Methoxyharman, Mucunadine, Mucunain, Mucunine, Myristic Acid, Prurienidine, Prurienine, Saponins, Stizolamine, Tryptamine, Vernolic acid.
- Sterols: Beta-sitosterol, Genistein, hydroxygenistein
- Fatty Acids: Linoleic acid, Linolenic acid, Oleic acid
- Enzymes: Trypsin
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use: Begin by taking 1/4 teaspoon each day and if no negative reactions occur work up to 1 teaspoon daily. Mix with water, juice, yogurt, add to a smoothie, or infuse into a tea. Mucuna may work best when taken together with green tea extract.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic extra rich cacao powder.
Mucuna Pruriens is an established herbal remedy in some societies. However, due to the lack of robust scientific evidence as to its safety and effectiveness, its use in the U.S. requires medical supervision.
Botanical Name: Mucuna Pruriens.
Other Names: Velvet bean, Cowitch, Cowhage, Cow-itch, mucuna, nescafé, pó de mico, fava-coceira, cabeca-de-frade, cowage, bengal bean, mauritius bean, itchy bean, krame, picapica, chiporro, buffalo bean, Kapikachu, atmagupta, yerepe, Yoruba.
Parts Used: Mucuna Pruriens Seed.
Ingredients: Mucuna Pruriens Extract.
Origin: Grown and extracted in India. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Pure Mucuna Pruriens Seed Extract Powder passes our strict quality assurance which typically includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers Pure Mucuna Pruriens Seed Extract Powder packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Pure Mucuna Pruriens Seed Extract Powder in a cool, dark, dry place.