- Astragalus is an adaptogen that may possess a powerful tool to support the body's healthy response to various stresses including physical, mental or emotional stress.
- Our Astragalus Root Extract Powder has a variety of possible antioxidant properties that may help the body naturally inhibit free radical production…
Our Astragalus Root Extract Powder is a 10:1 ratio meaning each serving is 10 times more concentrated than the whole root.
Recent research indicates that astragalus may possibly offer antioxidant support to people with a variety of ailments. At low-to-moderate doses, astragalus only has few side effects, although it may interact with other herbs and prescription medications. Astragalus may possibly have mild diuretic (rids the body of excess fluid) activity.
Modern Chinese clinical studies have also found that the herb may contain an anti-clotting agent and may possibly support healthy circulation. Chinese researchers have had good preliminary results using Astragalus compounds called astragalosides for possibly supporting a healthy heart. Astragalus root is said to possibly support a healthy immune system response in seriously debilitated patients.
Science shows that the herb appears to possibly support the production of healthy T-cells (white blood cells), which attack the invaders that cause disease and may help to support healthy cells while defending against unhealthy cells. The herb may also possibly activate the p53 gene that prevents defective cells from multiplying. Gene p53 acts as a "molecular patrolman" that ensures that genetically defective cells do not multiply.
Some possible health benefits and traditional uses of Astragalus Root Extract Powder may include:
Is an adaptogen - which may support a healthy stress response
May support a healthy immune system response
May support healthy adrenal function
May support a healthy response to allergies
Possibly helps to reduce asthma reactions
May support the body's ability to fight fatigue
May support the body's natural appetite
May support the body's ability to build healthy RBC
May support the healing of wounds
May support cardiovascular health
May support healthy kidney function
May support healthy blood sugar levels
Possibly helps to reduce stomach ulcers
May support a healthy digestive system
Constituents of Astragalus include:
Phytochemicals: Saponins, flavonoids, polysaccharides and glycosides, soyasapogenoside, formononentin, calycosin, canavanine, gama-aminobutyric acid, asparamide, prolin, astragaloside I, astragaloside II, astragaloside IV; 3S-(-)mucronulatol-7-D-glucopyranoside, astraglan I, astraglan II, astraglan III, astragaloside V-VIII, dimethyl 4, 4-dimethoxy-5, 6, 5', 6'-dimethylenedioxybiphenyl-2, 2-dicar-oxylate, daucosterol, isorhamnetin, formononetin4-O-glucoside, Beta-sitosterol, astrafalussaponin I,II,III, kumatakenin, 1-3-hydroxy-9-methoxpterocarpan
Trace minerals: Iron, zinc
Amino Acids: Aspartic acid, threonine, serine, glutamic acid, glycine, alanine, methionine, isoleucine, leucinine, trytophan, phenylalanine, cystine
Lipids: Linoleic acid, linolenic acid
Vitamins: Choline, betaine, folic acid
Flavones: Kaempferol, quercetin, quercetin-3-glucoside
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use: Mix 1/3 teaspoon with juice, yogurt, add to your favorite smoothie or infuse into a tea.
Mixing Suggestion: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our fo-ti extract and cordyceps extract powder for a great tonic. And for a little sweetness add a pinch of our 7% Luo Han extract.
Miscellaneous Facts about our Astragalus Root Extract Powder
Ingredients: Astragalus Root Extract and Tapioca maltodextrin derived from organically grown yuca root*.
Parts Used: Astragalus Root.
Botanical Name: Astragalus membranaceus.
Other Names: Milkvetch Root, Huang Qi, Astragalus
Origin: Grown and extracted in China. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
*This product contains a small amount of tapioca maltodextrin, which is a starch made from organically grown non-GMO yuca root (cassava root). This starch acts as a drying agent and is necessary to keep this powder from clumping into hard chunks or one solid brick. Go here to learn more about why we use non-GMO Yuca Maltodextrin in some products.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
Our Astragalus Root Extract Powder ispackaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
Keep your Astragalus Root Extract Powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring
Please go here todiscover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Pleasecontact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
Sources & References
1. David G. Frodin (2004). "History and concepts of big plant genera". Taxon 53 (3): 753"“776. doi:10.2307/4135449.
2. Astragalus (Locoweed) flowers
4. "Astragalus brachycalyx Fisch.". Germplasm Resources Information Network (GRIN) online database. Retrieved 24 December 2010.
6. "Herbal chemical helps combat HIV". United Press International. January 1, 2009. Retrieved January 28, 2011.
7. Astragalus, NCCAM
8. S. R. Fauce, et al. (2008). "Telomerase-Based Pharmacologic Enhancement of Antiviral Function of Human CD8+ T Lymphocytes". Journal of Immunology 181 (10): 7400"“7406. PMC 2682219. PMID 18981163. Retrieved 2012-08-18.
9. Calvin B. Harley, Weimin Liu, Maria Blasco, Elsa Vera, William H. Andrews, Laura A. Briggs & Joseph M. Raffaele (2011). "A natural product telomerase activator as part of a health maintenance program". Rejuvenation Research 14 (1): 45"“56. doi:10.1089/rej.2010.1085. PMC 3045570. PMID 20822369.
10. American Analytical Chemistry Laboratories Analysis Document #100710-236 of TA-65
11. Keiko Hiyama, Eiso Hiyama, Keiji Tanimoto & Masahiko Nishiyama (2009). "Role of telomeres and telomerase in cancer". In Keiko Hiyama. Telomeres and Telomerase in Cancer. Cancer Drug Discovery and Development II. Humana Press. pp. 171"“180. doi:10.1007/978-1-60327-879-9_7. ISBN 978-1-60327-879-9.
16. Stengler, Mark, ND. The Natural Physician's Healing Therapies: Proven Remedies Medical Doctors Don't Know. New York, NY: Prentice Hall Press, 2010. Print.
17. Murray, Michael, ND. The Pill Book Guide to Natural Medicines: Vitamins, Minerals, Nutritional Supplements, Herbs, And Other Natural Products. New York, NY: Bantam Books, 2002. Print.
18. Gaby, Alan R., MD. The Natural Pharmacy: Complete A-Z Reference to Natural Treatments for Common Health Conditions. 3rd ed. New York, NY: Three Rivers Press, 2006. Print.
19. Balch, James F., MD, and Stengler, Mark, ND. Prescription for Natural Cures: A Self-Care Guide for Treating Health Problems with Natural Remedies Including Diet and Nutrition, Nutritional Supplements, Bodywork, and More. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 2004. Print.
20. Chen KT, Su CH, Hsin LH, et al. Reducing fatigue of athletes following oral administration of huangqi jianzhong tang. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2002;23(8):757-761.
21. Cheng Y, Tang K, Wu S, et al. Astragalus polysaccharides lowers plasma cholesterol through mechanisms distinct from statins. PLoS One. 2011; 6(11):e27437.
22. Duan P, Wang ZM. [Clinical study on effect of Astragalus in efficacy enhancing and toxicity reducing of chemotherapy in patients of malignant tumor]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi.2002;22(7):515-517.
23. Hao Y, Qiu QY, Wu J. [Effect of Astragalus polysaccharides in promoting neutrophil-vascular endothelial cell adhesion and expression of related adhesive molecules]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2004;24(5):427-430.
24. Hei ZQ, Zhang JJ, Lin SQ, et al. [Effects of Astragalus membranaceus injection on nitric oxide and endothelin concentration of intestinal mucosa after hemorrhage shock-reperfusion in rats]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2004;29(5):444-447.
25. Kim SH, Lee SE, Oh H, et al. The radioprotective effects of bu-zhong-yi-qi-tang: a prescription of traditional Chinesemedicine astragalus. J Chin Med. 2002;30(1):127-137.
26. Li M, Wang W, Xue J, Gu Y, Lin S. Meta-analysis of the clinical value of Astragalus membranaceus in diabetic nephropathy. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011; 133(2):412-9.
27. Mao SP, Cheng KL, Zhou YF. [Modulatory effect of Astragalus membranaceus on Th1/Th2 cytokine in patients with herpes simplex keratitis]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2004;24(2):121-123.
28. Matkovic Z, Zivkovic V, Korica M, et al. Efficacy and safety of Astragalus membranaceus in the treatment of patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis. Phytother Res. 2010;24:175-81.
29. Shao BM, Xu W, Dai H, et al. A study on the immune receptors for polysaccharides from the roots of Astragalus membranaceus, a Chinese medicinal herb. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;320(4):1103-1111.
30. Shi FS, Yang ZG, Di GP. [Effect of Astragalus saponin on vascular endothelial cell and its function in burn patients]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2001;21(10):750-751.
31. Wang D, Zhuang Y, Tian Y, Thomas GN, Ying M, Tomlinson B. Study of the effects of total flavonoids of Astragalus on atherosclerosis formation and potential mechanisms. Oxid Med Cell Longrev. 2012; 2012:282383.
32. Yang QY, Lu S, Sun HR. Clinical effect of Astragalus granule of different dosages on quality of life in patients with chronic heart failure. Chin J Integr Med. 2011; 17(2):146-9.
33. Rios, J. L.; P. G. Waterman (1998). "A review of the pharmacology and toxicology of Astragalus". Phytotherapy Research 11 (6): 411"“418. doi:10.1002/(SICI)1099-1573(199709)11:63.0.CO;2-6.
Earn a Discount!
Here at Z Natural Foods, we firmly believe that sharing is caring. Invite your friends to our store and be rewarded with $10 dollars as soon as they make their first order.* And if they love our products just as much as you do, you will continue to be rewarded again and again!
( Minimum amount : 10 $ )