- Our Raw Organic Coconut Flour is made withfresh organic coconut meat from the Philippines. It is dried and then finely ground to a flour.
- This tasty flour is made in small batches at low temperatures to ensure that the freshness and quality of the product are optimal.
- Coconut flour is a delicious, healthy alternative to wheat and other grain flours that are high in fiber, gluten free, low in digestible carbohydrates, and a great source of protein and healthy oils.
- It lends baked goods an incomparably rich texture and a unique, natural sweetness...
This highly nutritious flour is an excellent source of dietary fiber that may help facilitate healthy digestion; and absorption of vitamins and minerals.
It is high in protein and fiber while being low in sodium, carbohydrates, and cholesterol.
Coconut flour is high in manganese which may support the absorption of many different minerals including choline, biotin, vitamin C and thiamine. It also helps promote a healthy immune system, thyroid health, and helps to promote and stabilize healthy blood sugar levels. Coconut flour is also high in lauric acid which is a healthy saturated fat and is essential for immune health. It is also known to possibly promote healthy skin and thyroid health. Since coconut is full of fiber and low in digestible carbohydrates, coconut flour has a gentle impact on blood glucose.
If you're concerned about your blood sugar levels, this type of flour can be a great alternative to traditional flours.
Our Raw Organic Coconut Flour can be used for baking, to thicken gravy, or as a supplement to boost fiber content in smoothies. To substitute the entire amount of traditional wheat flour in a recipe with coconut flour, you will need to do some recipe tweaking. Coconut flour doesn't rise or gel together like wheat flour. It readily absorbs moisture so the secret when using 100% Coconut Flour is to add one egg per ounce of coconut flour (on the average) or 4 eggs to 1 cup flour. You can also substitute 1 cup of applesauce per 1 egg for vegan recipes.
Coconut Flour lends a rich texture and natural sweetness to baked goods. Due to its high fiber content, it absorbs a lot of liquid and you will generally need to increase the liquid called for in the recipe by about a third. For extended freshness, refrigerate after opening.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Coconut Flour may include:
- Gluten-free, vegan & hypoallergenic
- Ideal for baking
- Gentle impact on blood sugar levels
- It is made from raw, unheated coconut
- Contains double the fiber of wheat bran
- Unbleached & unrefined flour
- High in beneficial fats such as medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs)
- May aid digestive health
- Source of protein
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our seasoned salt and use as a coating for chicken or burgers.
Botanical Source: Cocos Nucifera.
Other Names: Coconut powder.
Parts Used: Coconut Meat.
Ingredients: Raw Coconut Flour.
Origin: Grown and dried in the Philippines. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large
Sources & References
1. Natural Standard Monograph; Palm Oil; Christopher Chan; 2011
2. "The Journal of Nutrition"; Consumption of a Solid Fat Rich in Lauric Acid Results in a More Favorable Serum Lipid Profile in Healthy Men and Women than Consumption of a Solid Fat Rich in Trans-fatty Acids; Nicole M. deRoos; February 2001
3. European Food Safety Authority Journal; "Scientific Opinion on the Safety of Sucrose Esters of Fatty Acids..."; 2010
4. The AOCS Lipid Library; Commodity Oils and Fats - Palmkernel and Coconut Oils; February 2011
5. "Harvard Health Letter"; Ask the Doctor: I Have Started Noticing More Coconut Oil at the Grocery Store...; Walter Willett; May 2011
6. Beccari, O. The origin and dispersal of cocos nucifera. The Philippine journal of science, C. Botany, v.7, Jan. 1917: 27- 43. http://cocos.arecaceae.com/beccari.pdf
7. Davidson, Alan. Coconut in Penguin companion to food. New York, Penguin Reference, c2002. p. 239-241.
8. Duke, James A. Cocos nucifera L. in Handbook of nuts. Boca Raton, FL, CRC Press, c2001. p. 100-109.
9. Hill, Arthur W. The original home and mode of dispersal of the coconut. Nature, v. 124, July 27, 1929: 133-134, 151-153.
10. Macbean, Valerie. Coconut cookery: a practical cookbook encompassing innovative uses of the tropical drupe Cocus nucifera, accompanied by assorted information and anecdotes ranging from hard data to the frankly frivolous. Berkeley, Frog Ltd., North Atlantic Books, c2001. 198 p.
11. Modern coconut management: palm cultivation and products. Edited by J. G. Ohler. London, Intermediate Technology Publications, 1999. 458 p.
12. Rosengarten, Frederic Jr. Coconuts in The book of edible nuts. Mineola, NY, Dover Publications, 2004. p. 65-93.
13. Woodroof, Jasper Guy. Coconuts: production, processing, products. Westport, CT, AVI Publishing Co., 1970. 241 p.
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Earn a Discount!
Here at Z Natural Foods, we firmly believe that sharing is caring. Invite your friends to our store and be rewarded with $10 dollars as soon as they make their first order.* And if they love our products just as much as you do, you will continue to be rewarded again and again!
( Minimum amount : 10 $ )