- When the first Europeans came to America, they noticed strange fruits whose flowers and buds resembled body parts of the Great Sandhill Crane, a bird that was often found in the same areas where this berry grew; specifically the head, neck, and beak.
- The Europeans called this fruit cranberry because of the uncanny resemblance to cranes.
- This was later shortened to the berry name, as we know it, cranberry
Historically, cranberry fruits and leaves were used to support a healthy prostate, beneficial intestinal flora, blood sugar levels, liver, and kidney function.
More recently, cranberry has been used as a traditional folk remedy to support a healthy urinary tract. Cranberry has also been linked to supporting a healthy viral and bacterial response. Additionally, cranberry has been shown to support healthy gums and teeth by possibly inhibiting matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) production and activity.
Traditionally used by Native Americans for foods, fabric dyes, and medicine; cranberry became a popular crop harvested by early settlers when they discovered its unique uses.
When Abraham Lincoln proclaimed the first national Thanksgiving in 1863, it became the iconic holiday food North Americans know today. Modern studies have shown cranberry may be an effective alternative to antibiotics for those who have built up a resistance. A study conducted on antibiotic-resistant patients in 2014, showed cranberry may have supported significant improvements and symptom relief without recurrence for more than a year.
Some possible health benefits and traditional uses of Organic Cranberry Juice Powder may include:
- May support memory & mental acuity
- May help to support healthy kidney function
- Supporting healthy blood pressure levels
- May support healthy intestinal flora growth
- A source of antioxidants
- May help support a healthy prostate
- Possibly having diuretic properties
- May support healthy bowels
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May support the body's ability to protect against infection
- A source of Resveratrol
- May help support a healthy bladder
- May help to support the healing of ulcers in the gastrointestinal tract
- May support healthy circulation
- Containing compounds that studies have shown may possess anti-asthmatic properties
- May help to support healthy teeth & gums
- Combating urinary tract infection
- May support digestive health
Constituents of Cranberries include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Betaine, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Lutein & Zeaxanthin, Vitamin E, Gamma Tocopherol, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine,. Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine
- Anthocyanidins: Petunidin, Delphinidin, Malvidin, Peonidin, Cyanidin
- Flavan-3-ols: Catechin, Epigallocatechin, Epicatechin, Gallocatechin
- Flavonols: Kaempferol, Myricetin, Quercetin
- Proanthocyanidins: Proanthocyanidin Monomers, Proanthocyanidin Dimers, Proanthocyanidin Trimers, Proanthocyanidin 4-6mers, Proanthocyanidin 7-10mers, Proanthocyanidin (>10mers)
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with juice, yogurt, or add to your favorite smoothie.
Tincture - This method takes 15 to 30 days depending. You will need 3 items (mason jar with cover, the herb/herbs of your choice, liquid for extracting). The extracting liquid can be alcohol, alcohol/ water combo, vinegar or vegetable glycerin. Take the product and fill the jar ¾ full, add the liquid of your choice and close the jar. Then, shake the jar so everything is well mixed and everyday shake the jar 5 minutes at a time, several times daily. After 15 to 30 days strain and bottle in dark glass amber jars. The time frame depends on the liquid you use to do the extracting.
Miscellaneous facts about our Organic Cranberry Juice Powder
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
Ingredients: Organic Cranberry Fruit and maltodextrin.*
Parts Used: Whole, Cranberry.
Botanical Name: Vaccinium Oxycoccos.
Other Names: bog cranberry, bearberries, American cranberry, large cranberry,
Origin: Grown and Juiced in China. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
*This product contains a small amount of maltodextrin, which acts as a drying agent and is necessary to keep this powder from clumping into hard chunks or one solid brick. Learn more about Silicon Dioxide, and why it is important.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
- Our Organic Cranberry Juice Powder is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Cranberry Juice Powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here todiscover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large of our products? We’d be happy to help! Pleasecontact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
Sources & References
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
It definitely tastes like genuine fruity powder, no artificial sweetener, flavorings, colorings. I put one table spoon mixed with water, drinking it. Feel so cleansing, so healthy. Awesome product.
All of the powders and juice powders at Z Natural Foods are good. The cranberry juice powder is good tasting. Great for kidney cleanse and high antioxidant value. Smoothie is the word.
Strong Cranberry flavor.
I have used cranberry for years to keep bacteria from attaching to the walls of my bladder. The cranberry juice powder is fresh and taste good with some debittered stevia. I like to bring extra when I travel to keep my bladder in good healthy condition. I recommend this product to others. The price at Z Natural Foods is excellent. They always have the best products at affordable prices.