- A natural alternative, you can sprinkle Irish moss powder on entrees, soups and salads, or add it to smoothies,teas and iced drinks
- Naturally rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids and phytochemicals, Irish moss is one of the richest plant sources of calcium and has more vitamin C than oranges
- This North Atlantic seaweed is edible, highly nutritious, all natural and possesses mucilaginous properties that may support the body's natural detoxification process... More info
Irish Moss Powder is more than just a nutrient-rich natural seaweed
Irish Moss' mucilaginous compounds may help you detoxify, may boost metabolism and may strengthen hair, skin nails. It was traditionally used for a low sex drive. This wonder seaweed may have positive benefits for a number of health conditions such as the formation of varicose veins, halitosis, inflammation dysentery. Irish moss has also been used as an emollient. Raw moss may also have positive effects on hypertension, arteriosclerosis, and protection against fat.
Irish Moss (Carrageen Moss Powder) is full of electrolyte minerals
Irish moss (, carrageenan) is full of electrolyte minerals - calcium, magnesium, sodium potassium. Raw Organic moss is a seaweed and a great natural source of Iodine / Potassium Iodide (KI). Iodine is a chemical element essential for the production of thyroid hormones that regulate growth and metabolism. Diets deficient in iodine increase risk of retarded brain development in children (cretinism), mental slowness, high cholesterol, lethargy, fatigue, depression, weight gain, and goiter, a swelling of the thyroid gland in the neck. The natural potassium iodide (KI) / from moss is absorbed by your body more slowly and safely than chemical or synthetic iodine. Furthermore, moss possibly helps promote an alkaline pH balance within the body and may also help to boost the immune system.
Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI), administered orally immediately after exposure to certain types of radiation, may protect the thyroid from ingested radioactive iodine.
The application of moss on the skin helps to enhance its natural moisture barrier. It may keep all sorts of harmful external elements that will harm the skin outside while leaving the beneficial moisture inside. With regulated use of moss the skin develops better moisture retention and the ability to retain essential lipids as well. Overall, the skin develops a healthy glow and appearance when treated with Irish moss. Naturally mineral rich, powdered raw Irish Moss can be easily included in practically any dish. Sprinkle it on entrees, soups salads. Or add it to smoothies, teas iced drinks.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Irish Moss Powder may include:
- Great natural source of Iodine
- Possibly able to scavenge chemicals, drugs, heavy metals & radioisotopes throughout the body
- May support the reduction of the formation of varicose veins
- Possibly helps to combat halitosis
- May help to protect against obesity
- May deter cholesterol buildup in the body
- Source of polysaccharides: important in the prevention of degenerative disease
- May aid in the fight against peptic and duodenal ulcers
- One of the richest plant sources of calcium
- May help to boost metabolism
- Possibly improves various bladder disorders
- Contains mucilaginous compounds which may support detoxification
- May help to inhibit arteriosclerosis
- Contains more vitamin C than oranges
- Good natural source of vitamin K
- May help to strengthen hair, skin & nails
- May aid in the reduction of coagulated blood
- May help to reduce hypertension
- Contains high mineral content, especially: iodine, calcium, iron, magnesium
- May strengthen an underactive thyroid
- May be used as an emollient
- Excellent source of bioavailable iron
- May play a role in lowering risk of estrogen-related problems
- Possibly possesses antiviral, anticoagulant & antithrombotic properties
- Contains fucoidans which may have anti-inflammatory benefits
- Natural source of the mineral vanadium which appears to play a multifaceted role in the regulation of carbohydrate metabolism & blood sugar
Nutrition properties of Irish Moss include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium, Iodine
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta Carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine,. Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine
- Phytochemicals: Mucilages, Carrageenan, Bromine, Iodine, Polysaccharides
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon 1 - 3 times daily.
To increase flavor and nutritional profile soak in water for a few hours and allow to gel, then combine with your smoothies. This will add a really great texture.
Miscellaneous Facts about our Raw Organic Irish Moss Powder
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic
Ingredients: Raw Irish Moss Powder
Parts Used: Irish Moss Seaweed
Botanical Name: Chondrus crispus
Other Names: Carrageen Moss, pearl moss,
Origin: Grown and dried in China. Packaged with care in Florida, USA
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
Our raw Irish Moss Powder is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
Keep your wildcrafted organic Irish Moss powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large of our products? We’d be happy to help! Pleasecontact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
Sources & References
1. P. S. Dixon & L. M. Irvine (1977). Seaweeds of the British Isles. Vol. 1 Rhodophyta Part 1: Introduction, Nemaliales, Gigartinales. British Museum (Natural History) London. ISBN 0-565-00781-5.
2. F. Bargesen (1903). "Marine Algae of the Faraes". Botany of the Faraes based upon Danish investigations Part II (Copenhagen Reprint 1970). p. 35. ISBN 90-6105-011-1.
3. W. R. Taylor (1972). Marine Algae of the Northeastern Coast of North America. University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor. ISBN 0-472-04904-6.
4. Hu, Z., Critchley, A.T., Gao T, Zeng X, Morrell, S.L. and Delin, D. 2007 Delineation of Chondrus (Gigartinales, Florideophyceae) in China and the origin of C. crispus inferred from molecular data. Marine Biology Research, 3: 145-154.
5. Roeck-Holtzhauer, Y.de 1991. Uses of seaweeds in Cosmetics. in Guiry, M.D. and Blunden, G. 1991 Seaweed Resources in Europe: Uses and Potential. John Wiley & Sons ISBN 0-471-92947-6.
6. Stegenga, H., Bolton, J.J., and Anderson, R.J. 1997. Seaweeds of the South African West Coast. ed. Hall, A.V. Bolus Herbarium Number 18 Cape Town. ISBN 0-7992-1793-X.
7. Bixler, H. J., & Porse, H. (2011). A decade of change in the seaweed hydrocolloids industry. Journal of Applied Phycology, 23 ,321-335.
8. Feum A Feamainn (DVD, Scottish Gaelic), Comhairle nan Eilean Siar.
9.  Lusan a' Chladaich (Western Isles Council, Scottish Gaelic site).
10. Sylvia A Mitchell. The Jamaican root tonics: a botanical reference. Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies. Volume 16, Issue 4, pages 271"“280, December 2011.
11. Collan J, et al (2013) Genome structure and metabolic features in the red seaweed Chondrus crispus shed light on evolution of the Archaeplastida. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences doi:10.1073/pnas.1221259110.
12. Willan, T. & M. Waern, 1987. Alger med svenska namn. Svensk botanisk tidskrift 81: 281-288.
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Earn a Discount!
Here at Z Natural Foods, we firmly believe that sharing is caring. Invite your friends to our store and be rewarded with $10 dollars as soon as they make their first order.* And if they love our products just as much as you do, you will continue to be rewarded again and again!
( Minimum amount : 10 $ )