- Lucuma is a wonderfully versatile sweetener that bursts with maple-like flavor. It's a great addition to healthy recipes if you want a sweet, superfood twist.
- Lucuma fruit has been revered for thousands of years in South America as a spiritual substance and culinary treat.
- Today it's widely popular with Europeans and South Americans, who love using it in ice cream and other desserts... More info
A natural, low-glycemic sweetener that tastes like maple
-- Raw, organic, 100% pure and fresh Lucuma powder
Our raw organic Lucuma Powder is harvested in a very conscientious way. We allow our lucuma fruit to reach full maturity and fall naturally.
It is then left to fully ripen over several days until it peaks in flavor. Our fruit is then peeled, pitted, dehydrated and milled into a fine whole fruit powder. We pride in the fact that our powder has only one ingredient, and that's the whole Lucuma fruit. It's raw, organic, 100% pure and fresh.
It can be blended into smoothies, ice cream, pudding, pie filling, and much more. It makes for a truly delicious ingredient!
Despite lucuma's sweet flavor, it has an impressively low sugar content. Lucuma is also nutritionally rich, containing 14 essential trace elements, including a considerable amount of potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. Our raw organic Lucuma Powder is an abundant source of beta-carotene, niacin (B3) and iron. In fact, one serving may help support the immune system and improve physical endurance.
A recent study conducted by Rutgers University assessed the inflammation response effect of lucuma extract on wound healing and skin aging. Results from this experiment showed that lucuma significantly increased wound closure and promoted tissue regeneration. The report concluded that lucuma may support a healthy inflammation response, anti-aging and skin-repair properties on human skin. The results were so significant that Rutger's University applied for a patent on lucuma extracts, particularly the oil.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Lucuma Powder may include:
Low glycemic sweetener, may support healthy blood sugar levels
Pleasant maple-like flavor
Source of beta-carotene, niacin, iron, potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus
May support a healthy inflammation response
May support youthful hair, nail and skin health
May help improve physical endurance and recovery
Possibly supports natural wound healing response
Constituents of Lucuma include:
Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus
Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Beta carotene
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with recipes, yogurt, ice cream or smoothies.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with any of our products for a pleasant mild maple syrup taste.
Miscellaneous Facts about our Organic Raw Lucuma Powder
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
Ingredients: Raw Lucuma Fruit.
Parts Used: Raw Fruit.
Botanical Name: Pouteria Lucuma.
Other Names: Egg Fruit, Lucmo, Lucumo, Yellow Sapote.
Origin: Grown and harvested in Peru. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
ZNaturalFoods.com offers our Organic Raw Lucuma Powder packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Lucuma Powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
About Z Natural Foods
Pleasego here to learn more about Z Natural Foods and discover the important steps we take to bring you fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Pleasecontact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
Sources & References
1. Lucuma Designs: Lucuma is a Fruit, a Color and a Fair Trade Company!
2. Guangxi Tropical Agriculture: Analysis of Trace Elements in Lucuma Nervosa
3. Peruvian Natural Products: Lucuma (Pouteria Llucuma); 2010
4. My Fitness Pal: Calories in Lucuma Powder
5. Rutgers: The State University of New Jersey; Antiaging and Wound Healing Properties of Pouteria Lucuma Seed Extract; Leonel E. Rojo et al
6. Natural News: Lucuma Makes a Healthy Whole Fruit Sweetener and Delicious Raw Ice Cream Ingredient; Sheryl Walters; 2009.
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Earn a Discount!
Here at Z Natural Foods, we firmly believe that sharing is caring. Invite your friends to our store and be rewarded with $10 dollars as soon as they make their first order.* And if they love our products just as much as you do, you will continue to be rewarded again and again!
( Minimum amount : 10 $ )