- Our Organic Papaya Juice Powder is incredibly healthy and naturally packed with powerful vitamins, enzymes and phytonutrients.
- Rich in beta-carotene (vitamin A) and minerals, papaya traditionally supports digestion, may support cardiovascular function and promotes a healthy immune system.
- Papaya Juice Powder is enjoyed as a healthy juice when mixed with water, topped on yogurt or mixed in your favorite smoothie… More
Papaya: More than just a tasty tropical fruit juice
Beyond being tasty and a natural source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, papayas contain enzymes and other bio-active elements which may support intestinal health. Together these things can be held partially responsible for that feeling of contentment we experience during and after eating papayas.
In addition, the vitamin C present in papaya juice may help to support healthy lipid levels. Papayas are a natural source of copper which is a cofactor for many vital enzymes, including cytochrome c-oxidase and superoxide dismutase, other minerals which function as cofactors for this enzyme are manganese and zinc. Copper is also required for the production of red blood cells.
The papaya fruit is about 90% water, just under 10% carbohydrate, and the rest is fiber, protein, ash and about 0.1% fat. A 100g (3.5 oz.) serving of papaya has about 40 calories, compared to banana's 92 calories. Papayas contain approximately 20% more vitamin C than oranges and are a great source of vitamin A (about half of that contained in mango).
Papayas give you extra antioxidant power, vitamins and minerals
Ripe raw papaya fruit juice is also a source of polyphenolic flavonoid antioxidant compounds like beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, and beta-cryptoxanthin. A rich source of vitamin A may also support healthy vision. Vitamin A is also required for supporting healthy mucus membranes and skin.
Raw papaya juice is also a source of potassium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that may help support a healthy heart rate and blood pressure within normal range. It is also a source of vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine), vitamin C and vitamin E. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin C may help support the body’s ability to develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful oxygen free radicals. Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine is required for GABA hormone production in the brain. It may also support healthy homocysteine levels in the blood, which may otherwise be harmful to blood vessels resulting in CAD and stroke.
Some possible health benefits and traditional uses of Organic Papaya Fruit Juice Powder may include:
- Supporting healthy eyesight
- Keeping your skin soft & glowing
- A natural source polyphenols
- May support healthy lipid levels
- May support heart health
- May support a healthy immune response
- May reduce acidity & indigestion
- May support healthy blood pressure levels
- Supporting healthy cardiovascular health
- May support memory & concentration
- May support healthy red blood cell levels
- Supporting healthy mucus membranes & skin
- May relieve constipation
- Contains digestive enzymes which may soothe the stomach
- A source of poly-phenolic flavonoid antioxidant compounds like beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, & beta-cryptoxanthin
Constituents of Papaya include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Lutein & Zeaxanthin, Vitamin E, Beta Tocopherol, Gamma Tocopherol, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine,. Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine, Glycine
- Anthocyanidins: Cyanidin
- Flavan-3-ols: Catechin
- Flavonols: Myricetin
- Proanthocyanidins: Proanthocyanidin Monomers, Proanthocyanidin Dimers, Proanthocyanidin Trimers, Proanthocyanidin 4-6mers
Please keep in mind that papaya as a whole food can be very nourishing with folks who may struggle with blood sugar issues as the fiber has been known to slow the use of sugar in the body. This product, because it is a juice powder and has no fiber, would not be a wise choice for those struggling with this issue.
Suggested Use: Mix 2 tablespoons (16g) with 4-6 oz of water to make juice, add to your favorite smoothie or use to flavor yogurt or other treats.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our Organic Mango Juice Powder, Organic Pineapple Juice Powder, or any Fruit Juice Powders in a smoothie.
Miscellaneous Facts about our ripe Organic Papaya Juice Powder
Ingredients: Organic Papaya Juice, Organic Maltodextrin
Parts Used: Whole, Papaya (No seed or rind).
Botanical Name: Carica papaya.
Other Names: Banane de Prairie, Green Papaya, Melon Tree, Papaw, Papaya Fruit, Papayas, Papaye, Papaye Verte, Papayer, Papita, Paw Paw, Pawpaw
Ingredients: Organic Papaya Juice, Organic Maltodextrin
Origin: Grown and Dried in China. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
Sources & References
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Earn a Discount!
Here at Z Natural Foods, we firmly believe that sharing is caring. Invite your friends to our store and be rewarded with $10 dollars as soon as they make their first order.* And if they love our products just as much as you do, you will continue to be rewarded again and again!
( Minimum amount : 10 $ )