A natural source of organic dietary fiber at its best
Our Psyllium husk is a natural, organic, concentrated dietary fiber.
Psyllium is commonly used for its natural plant-based fiber properties to relieve constipation and mild diarrhea.
But it's not just a superstar for supporting healthy digestion.
Psyllium is a great addition to low carbohydrate recipes to improve thickness and texture, making for a denser bread or cake consistency. Also commonly used in baking and cooking to improve the fiber ratio, psyllium is generally considered a food thickener and is used in cereals, cakes, ice cream, and frozen desserts.
A vegan and vegetarian food, grain-free, and gluten-free, our psyllium husk is easy to use, has many wonderful health benefits, and is a natural source of soluble and insoluble fiber.
Psyllium husk comes from the seeds of the Plantago ovata plant. The fiber is collected from the outer layers (i.e., “husks”) of the seeds. Psyllium contains water-soluble fiber that absorbs water and then forms a gel-like substance that expands by up to 10x. This is why it is very important to drink plenty of water and fluids when supplementing with psyllium.
Psyllium is bulk-forming and the small intestine does not digest it. It simply absorbs water as it passes through the digestive system.
Many customers use our psyllium husk for more than just relieving constipation, diarrhea, and other digestion issues. Some choose psyllium because the fiber helps to slow the food absorption process, thereby possibly improving the glycemic response.
Additionally, some customers choose psyllium because it may aid weight loss as the fiber can help you to feel full, longer.
Some possible traditional uses of Organic Psyllium Husk may include:
- Supports digestion and digestive health
- May support regularity
- May support elimination
- May support heart health
- May support healthy cholesterol levels
- May support healthy blood sugar levels
- May promote weight loss
- May help control appetite
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon (5g) of Psyllium Husk with 8 ounces of water, juice, or your favorite smoothie and drink plenty of liquids.
Botanical Name: Plantago ovata
Other Names: Psyllium, ispaghula
Ingredients: Organic Psyllium Husk (Whole Flakes 99%)
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
Origin: Grown and processed in India. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
- Our Organic Psyllium Husk is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep your Organic Psyllium Husk in a cool, dark place.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Earn a Discount!
Here at Z Natural Foods, we firmly believe that sharing is caring. Invite your friends to our store and be rewarded with $10 dollars as soon as they make their first order.* And if they love our products just as much as you do, you will continue to be rewarded again and again!
( Minimum amount : 10 $ )