Organic Shatavari is an Ancient Ayurvedic Herb used for
Centuries to Support Women’s Health
Shatavari (A. racemosus) has a long history as being a powerful medicinal herb.
Dating back as much as 5,000 years, Shatavari is part of a small group of ancient Ayurvedic herbs as a well-known Ayurvedic Rasayana.
Rasayana is a term that in early Ayurvedic medicine means the science of lengthening lifespan.
A member of the asparagus family, the Shatavari plant is uniquely characterized as a clustered group of roots with small white flowers. These roots have been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries and are largely considered to have supportive properties for the female reproductive system.
Shatavari is also considered an adaptogen herb and has many more traditional uses, such as anti-aging, immunity, improving mental function, vigor and vitality. Additionally, Shatavari has been used to relieve nervous disorders, inflammation, and neuropathy.
Just like other adaptogenic herbs, this means that Shatavari may help fight fatigue and stress, boost one’s immune system, and may support healthy hormone levels. Having such a wide range of possible traditional remedies is probably why it has been used for many 1,000’s of years.
As an adaptogen herb, Shatavari may have the ability to regulate stress levels and support the proper function of the adrenals. Because of this, Shatavari may be able to support sustained energy levels throughout the day and promote sound restful sleep at night. Helping to balance, restore and protect the body, as an adaptogen, Shatavari doesn’t have a specific action as it helps the body respond to any influence or stressor which may help to support and normalize physiological functions.
Shatavari has a long traditional history of strengthening female fertility, supporting the reproductive system, and promoting healthy lactation
The leading traditional herbal remedy for women, Shatavari is said to have a nourishing and rejuvenating effect on the female hormonal and reproductive system. It is said to be very helpful in alleviating menstrual irregularities, pain, and hormonal imbalance while also supporting digestion, immunity, and resilience to stress.
Shatavari may optimize health and vitality for women of all ages.
While there are many ways to consume Shatavari, ancient Ayurvedic medicine promoted a spoonful of Shatavari powder mixed with warm water to make a soothing tea to calm the mind, support the hormonal system and boost a woman’s reproductive health.
Some possible traditional uses of Organic Shatavari Root Powder may include:
- May support the female reproductive system
- May support lactation
- May support healthy memory & mental function
- May relieve stress and anxiety
- May give relief to menstrual pain
- May promote rejuvenation
- May support a healthy mental outlook
- May combat mental or physical fatigue
- May support a healthy immune system response
- May support a healthy stress response
Constituents of Shatavari include:
- Steroidal saponins, known as shatvarins. Shatvarin I to VI are present. Oligospirostanoside referred to as Immunoside; Polycyclic alkaloid-Aspargamine A; Isoflavones-8-methoxy-5, 6, 4-trihydroxy isoflavone-7-0-beta-D-glucopyranoside; Cyclic hydrocarbon-racemosol, dihydrophenantherene;
- Furan compound-Racemofuran; Carbohydrates-Polysacharides, mucilage; Flavanoids-Glycosides of quercitin, rutin and hyperoside are present in flower and fruits; Sterols-Roots also contain sitosterol, 4, 6-dihydryxy-2-O (-2-hydroxy isobutyl) benzaldehyde and undecanyl cetanoate;
- Trace minerals are found in roots-zinc (53.15), manganese (19.98 mg/g), copper (5.29 mg/g), cobalt (22.00 mg/g) along with calcium, magnesium, potassium zinc and selenium; Kaepfrol-Kaepfrol along with Sarsapogenin from woody portions of tuberous roots could be isolated; Miscellaneous-Essential fatty acids-Gamma linoleinic acids, vitamin A, diosgenin, quercetin 3-glucourbnides. Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4027291/
Suggested Use: 1/2 teaspoon (2g) once daily.
Decoction: Use the ratio of 1 tablespoon of the herb for every 10 ounces of water. Put all ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover & lower to a simmer for 20-30 minutes. Turn the heat off and allow the mixture to sit for another 10 minutes. Strain and serve (this method is specific for barks and roots).
Botanical Name: Asparagus racemosus (A. racemosus)
Other Names: Asparagus racemosus, A. racemosus, Satawar, Satamuli, Satavari
Ingredients: Organic Shatavari Root Powder.
Origin: Grown and dried in India. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Warning: Not to be used during pregnancy.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
- Our Organic Shatavari Powder is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep your raw Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Earn a Discount!
Here at Z Natural Foods, we firmly believe that sharing is caring. Invite your friends to our store and be rewarded with $10 dollars as soon as they make their first order.* And if they love our products just as much as you do, you will continue to be rewarded again and again!
( Minimum amount : 10 $ )