Our Organic Raw Heirloom English Light Walnuts (halves and pieces) are pure, all natural and bursting with crunchy, mouthwatering flavor. They are a mainstay of a healthy regimen. Walnuts make for great snacking, baking, or addition to blended recipes.
Our Raw Organic English Light Heirloom Walnut halves and pieces are the perfect healthy snack and add big flavor to any recipe. Walnuts are indigenous to Asia, stretching from the Balkans to China. They grow on medium to large trees
More than ever before, researchers are convinced about the nourishing qualities of raw walnuts when consumed in their whole form, including the skin. Modern research indicates that approximately 90% of phenols in walnuts are found in the skin, including key phenolic acids, tannins, and flavonoids. They also contain an unusual form of Vitamin E, the alpha-tocopherol form. Phytonutrient research on the antioxidant and possible inflammation response benefits of walnuts has proven that its comparable to other foods that may support metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular issues. Some phytonutrients found in walnuts, like quinone juglone, are found in virtually no other common foods. Other phytonutrients like the tannin tellimagrandin or the flavonol
Some possible traditional uses of Organic Raw Heirloom English Light Walnut halves and pieces may include:
- Source of Omega-3 & Omega-6 essential fatty acids
- May support cardiovascular health
- May support healthy cognitive function
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- Possibly supports the body's natural ability to halt ADHD
- May support healthy weight gain
- May support a healthy female cycle
- May support a healthy allergen response
- Possibly supports the body's natural protection towards cellular mutations
- May support healthy cholesterol levels
- Source of polyphenols that may possess antioxidant properties
- May support healthy levels of C-reactive protein
- Source of manganese & copper
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Uses: Eat by the handful. Add to homemade trail mixes, recipes or desserts.
Botanical Name: Juglans regia.
Other Names: Persian Walnut, Mission Walnut, English Walnut, English Light Walnut.
Parts Used: Whole, Walnut.
Ingredients: Raw Heirloom Walnuts.
Origin: Grown in USA. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses
Sources & References
1. Heisey, R.M. and B.K. Gorham. 1992. Antimicrobial effects of plant extracts on Streptococcus mutans, Candida albicans, Trichophyton rubrum and other micro-organisms. Lett Appl Microbiol 14:136"“139
2. The Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS) Revision Service Official Compendium. 1992. Fairfax, VA: Pharmacopoeia Convention of the American Institute of Homeopathy
3. Karnick, C.R. 1994. Pharmacopoeial Standards of Herbal Plants, Vol. 1. Delhi: Sri Satguru Publications. 205"“206
4. Meyer-Buchtela, E. 1999. Tee-Rezepturen"”Ein Handbuch fÃ¼r Apotheker und Ã„rzte. Stuttgart: Deutscher Apotheker Verlag
5. Nadkarni, K.M. 1976. Indian Materia Medica. Bombay: Popular Prakashan. 709
6. Nahrstedt, A., U. Vetter, F.J. Hammerschmidt. 1981. Zur kenntnis des wasserdampfdestillates der blÃ¤tter von Juglans regia [Composition of the steam distillation product from the leaves of Juglans regia ]. Planta Med 42(4):313"“332
7. Okada, T.A., E. Roberts, A.F. Brodie. 1967. Mitotic abnormalities produced by juglone in Ehrlich ascites tumor cells. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 126(2):583"“588
8. Roth, J.H. (ed.). 1993. In: HÃ¤nsel, R. Teedrogen, Pharmazeutisches Ring Taschenbuch Kap. 10. Stuttgart: Wissenschaftliche Verlagsgesellschaft
9. Trease, G.E. and W.C. Evans. 1989. Trease and Evans' Pharmacognosy, 13th ed. London; Philadelphia: BailliÃ¨re Tindall
10. Uphof, J.C. 1968. Dictionary of Economic Plants, 2nd ed. New York: Verlag von J. Cramer. 289"“290
11. Weiss, R.F. 1988. Herbal Medicines . Beaconsfield, England: Beaconsfield Publishers. 332
12. Bhargava, U.C. and B.A. Westfall. 1968. Antitumor activity of Juglans nigra (black walnut) extractives. J Pharm Sci 57(10):1674"“1677
13. Hutchens, A. 1991. Indian Herbology of North America . Boston: Shambala
14. Osman, N.A., S.M. Gaafar, M. Salah el-Din, G.M. Wassel, N.M. Ammar. 1987. Hazardous effect of topical cosmetic application of Deirum (Juglans regia L. plant) on oral tissue. Egypt Dent J 33(1):31"“35
Earn a Discount!
Here at Z Natural Foods, we firmly believe that sharing is caring. Invite your friends to our store and be rewarded with $10 dollars as soon as they make their first order.* And if they love our products just as much as you do, you will continue to be rewarded again and again!
( Minimum amount : 10 $ )