1. Applequist WL, Avula B, Schaneberg BT et el. Comparative fatty acid content of seeds of four Cucurbita species grown in a common (shared) garden. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, Volume 19, Issues 6"“7, September"“November 2006, Pages 606-611.
2. Hudson C, Hudosn S, MacKenzie. Protein-source tryptophan as an efficacious treatment for social anxiety disorder: a pilot study. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2007;85:928-32.
3. Stevenson, David G.; Eller, Fred J.; Wang, Liping; Jane, Jay-Lin; Wang, Tong; Inglett, George E. (2007). "Oil and Tocopherol Content and Composition of Pumpkin Seed Oil in 12 Cultivars". Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 55 (10): 4005"“13. doi:10.1021/jf0706979. PMID 17439238. The data are found in Tables 1-3 on pp. 4006-4010. http://ddr.nal.usda.gov/bitstream/10113/19116/1/IND43913544.pdf
4. Hudson, C; Hudson, S; MacKenzie, J (2007). "Protein-source tryptophan as an efficacious treatment for social anxiety disorder: A pilot study". Canadian journal of physiology and pharmacology 85 (9): 928"“32. doi:10.1139/Y07-082. PMID 18066139.
5. a b Goodpaster-Beaty, Vanessa (28 January 2013). "Top 20 Foods High in Magnesium that Provide Natural Energy". Womenio Magazine. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
6. Butinar B, Bucar-Miklavcic M, Mariani C et al. New vitamin E isomers (gamma-tocomonoenol and alpha-tocomonoenol) in seeds, roasted seeds and roasted seed oil from the Slovenian pumpkin variety "˜Slovenska golica"'. Food Chemistry, Volume 128, Issue 2, 15 September 2011, Pages 505-512.
7. Fahim AT, Abd-el Fattah AA, Agha AM, Gad MZ. Effect of pumpkin-seed oil on the level of free radical scavengers induced during adjuvant-arthritis in rats. Pharmacol Res. 1995 Jan;31(1):73-9.
8. a b "Pumpkin seeds". The World's Healthiest Foods. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
9. Glew RH, Glew RS, Chuang LT et al. Amino acid, mineral and fatty acid content of pumpkin seeds (Cucurbita spp) and Cyperus esculentus nuts in the Republic of Niger. Plant Foods Hum Nutr. 2006 Jun;61(2):51-6.
10. Elmstahl S, Gullberg B, Janzon L, Johnell O, Elmstahl B. Increased incidence of fractures in iddle-aged and elderly men with low intakes of phosphorous and zinc. Osteoporosis. 1998;8(4):333-40.
11. Hong, H; Kim, CS; Maeng, S (2009). "Effects of pumpkin seed oil and saw palmetto oil in Korean men with symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia". Nutrition research and practice 3 (4): 323"“7. doi:10.4162/nrp.2009.3.4.323. PMC 2809240. PMID 20098586.
12. "Nutrition Facts, "Seeds, pumpkin and squash seed kernels, roasted, without salt (pepitas)"". nutritiondata.self.com. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
13. Krimer-Malesevic V, Madarev-Popovic S, Vastag Z et al. Chapter 109 - Phenolic Acids in Pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L.) Seeds. Nuts and Seeds in Health and Disease Prevention, 2011, Pages 925-932.
14. Ryder KM, Shorr RI, Bush AJ. Magnesium intake from food and supplements is associated with bone mineral density in healthy older white subjects. J Am Geriatr Soc.2005 Nov;53(11):1875-80.
15. Li T, Ito A, Chen X, Long C et al. Usefulness of pumpkin seeds combined with areca nut extract in community-based treatment of human taeniasis in northwest Sichuan Province, China. Acta Trop. 2012 Nov;124(2):152-7. Epub 2012 Aug 11.
16. El-Mosallamy AE, Sleem AA, Abdel-Salam OM, Shaffie N, Kenawy SA. Antihypertensive and cardioprotective effects of pumpkin seed oil. J Med Food. 2012 Feb;15(2):180-9.
17. Makni M, Fetoui H, Gargouri NK et al. Antidiabetic effect of flax and pumpkin seed mixture powder: effect on hyperlipidemia and antioxidant status in alloxan diabetic rats. Journal of Diabetes and its Complications, Volume 25, Issue 5, September"“October 2011, Pages 339-345.
18. Gossell-Williams M, Hyde C, Hunter T, et al. Improvement in HDL cholesterol in postmenopausal women supplemented with pumpkin seed oil: pilot study. Climacteric. 2011 Oct;14(5):558-64.
19. Available at: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=82. Accessed July 6, 2012.
20. Rybaltovskii OV. On the discovery of cucurbitin-a component of pumpkin seed with anti-helmintic action. Med Parazitol (Mosk) 1966;35(4):487-8 [in Russian].
21. Makni M, Sefi M, Fetoui H et al. Flax and Pumpkin seeds mixture ameliorates diabetic nephropathy in rats. Food and Chemical Toxicology, Volume 48, Issues 8"“9, August"“September 2010, Pages 2407-2412.
22. Barter P. HDL-C: role as a risk modifier. Atheroscler Suppl. 2011 Nov;12(3):267-70.
23. Ovca A, van Elteren JT, Falnoga I et al. Speciation of zinc in pumpkin seeds (Cucurbita pepo) and degradation of its species in the human digestive tract. Food Chemistry, Volume 128, Issue 4, 15 October 2011, Pages 839-846.
24. Phillips KM, Ruggio DM, Ashraf-Khorassani M. Phytosterol composition of nuts and seeds commonly consumed in the United States. J Agric Food Chem. 2005 Nov;53(24):9436-45.
25. Sacilik K. Effect of drying methods on thin-layer drying characteristics of hull-less seed pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L.). Journal of Food Engineering, Volume 79, Issue 1, March 2007, Pages 23-30.
26. This second number was obtained by dividing the quantity of L-Tryptophan published by the USDA <http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/> in dried pumpkin seed by the total of the quantities of all the amino acids, and then multiplying by 1000 mg/g.
27. Nissinen M, Gylling H, Vuoristo M, Miettinen TA. Micellar distribution of cholesterol and phytosterols after duodenal plant stanol ester infusion. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2002 June;282(6):1009-15.
28. Shrivastava A and Gupta VB. Various treatment options for benign prostatic hyperplasia: A current update. J Midlife Health. 2012 Jan-Jun; 3(1): 10"“19. Siegmiund B and Murkovic M. Changes in chemical composition of pumpkin seeds during the roasting process for production of pumpkin seed oil (Part 2: volatile compounds). Food Chemistry, Volume 84, Issue 3, February 2004, Pages 367-374.
29. Abuelgassim AO, Al-Showayman. The Effect of pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L) seeds and L- arginine supplementation on serum lipid concentrations in atherogenic rats. AJTCAM. 2012 Jan;9(1):131.
30. Sicilia T, Niemeyer HB, Honig DM et al. Identification and stereochemical characterization of lignans in flaxseed and pumpkin seeds. J Agric Food Chem. 2003 Feb 26;51(5):1181-8.
32. Eagles JM. Treatment of depression with pumpkin seeds. Br J Psychiatry 1990;157:937-8.
33. Smeds AI, Eklund PC and Willfor SM. Content, composition, and stereochemical characterisation of lignans in berries and seeds. Food Chemistry, Volume 134, Issue 4, 15 October 2012, Pages 1991-1998.
34. Carbin BE, Larsson B, Lindahl O. Treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia with phytosterols. Br J Urol. 1990 Dec;66(6):639-41.
35. Vassiliou AG, Neumann GM, Condron R et al. Purification and mass spectrometry-assisted sequencing of basic antifungal proteins from seeds of pumpkin (Cucurbita maxima). Plant Science, Volume 134, Issue 2, 5 June 1998, Pages 141-162.
36. "Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)". GourmetSleuth.com. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
37. This second number was obtained by dividing the quantity of L-Tryptophan published by the USDA <http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/> in dried pumpkin seed by the total of the quantities of all the amino acids, and then multiplying by 1000 mg/g.
38. Sicilia, Tina; Heike B. Niemeyer, Doris M. Honig, and Manfred Metzler (28 January 2003). "Identification and Stereochemical Characterization of Lignans in Flaxseed and Pumpkin Seeds". J. Agric. Food Chem. (Institute of Food Chemistry and Toxicology, Department of Chemistry, University of Karlsruhe) 51 (5): 1181"“1188. 39. Terado, T et al. Clinical study of mixed processed food containing pumpkin seed extract and soybean germ extract on pollakiuria in night in elderly men. Jpn J Med Pharm Sci. 2004;52(4):551-61.
40. Carbin BE, Eliasson R. Treatment by Curbicin in benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Swed J Biol Med 1989;2:7-9 [in Swedish].
41. Winkler C, Wirleitner B, Schennach KSH et al. Extracts of Pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L.) Seeds Suppress Stimulated Peripheral Blood Mononuclear in vitro. Journal: American Journal of Immunology Year: 2005 Vol: 1 Issue: 1 Pages/record No.: 6-11.
42. Sogabe H, Terado T. Open clinical study of effects of pumpkin seed extract/soybean germ extract mixture containing processed foods on nocturia. Jpn J Med Pharm Sci. 2001;46(5):727-37.
43. "Search the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference". Nal.usda.gov. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
44. El-Mosallamy, AE; Sleem, AA; Abdel-Salam, OM; Shaffie, N; Kenawy, SA (2011). "Antihypertensive and Cardioprotective Effects of Pumpkin Seed Oil". Journal of medicinal food 15 (2): 111114095452002. doi:10.1089/jmf.2010.0299. PMID 22082068.
45. Available at: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/overactive-bladder/DS00827. Accessed July 26, 2012.
46. Xanthopoulou MN, Nomikos T, Fragopoulou E et al. Antioxidant and lipoxygenase inhibitory activities of pumpkin seed extracts. Food Research International, Volume 42, Issues 5"“6, June"“July 2009, Pages 641-646.
47. Hata K, Tanahashi S, Wakida Y, Tatsuzaki M, Koide A. Effect of Pumpkin seed extract on urinary bladder function in anesthetized rats. Jpn J Med Pharm Sci. 2005;54(3):339-45.
48. Yoshida H, Tomiyama Y, Hirakawa Y et al. Microwave roasting effects on the oxidative stability of oils and molecular species of triacylglycerols in the kernels of pumpkin (Cucurbita spp.) seeds. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, Volume 19, Issue 4, June 2006, Pages 330-339.
49. Epstein LB, Goldberg RP. The overactive bladder and quality of life. Int J Fertil Womens Med. 2005 Jan-Feb;50(1):30-6.
50. Zaineddin AK, Buck K, Vrieling A et al. The association between dietary lignans, phytoestrogen-rich foods, and fiber intake and postmenopausal breast cancer risk: a German case-control study. Nutr Cancer. 2012;64(5):652-65. Epub 2012 May 16.
51. Stewart WF, Van Rooyen JB, Cundiff GW, et al. Prevalence and burden of overactive bladder in the United States. World J Urol. 2003 May;20(6):327-36.
52. Harvath S, Bedo Z. Another possibility in treatment of hyperlipidemia with peponen of natural active substance. Mediflora 1988;89:7-8.