This savory gravy recipe will become your secret weapon this holiday season!
It only takes about 5 minutes, and all you’ll need is a pan, a whisk, some flour, butter, and most importantly, our Instant Bone Broth Soup powder.
This powder is a great base for a quick soup but it’s also perfect to whip up a flavorful and nutrient-dense gravy.
Made with our high quality beef bone broth powder which includes MCT oil for added creaminess and veggies like carrot, shiitake, and celery as well as garlic and onion give this recipe a comforting, homestyle flavor you’d expect from your favorite gravy.
We added some fresh rosemary to this recipe, but feel free to add your favorite herbs and spices to make it your own.
The result will be a rich flavorful gravy which goes perfectly with turkey, oven roasted veggies, mashed potatoes, or any dish that needs it!
- 4 tbsp Instant Bone Broth Soup Base Powder
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp fresh (or ½ tsp dry) rosemary - or herb of choice
- Himalayan salt - extra fine to taste
- Black pepper powder - organic to taste
- A small squeeze of lime or lemon juice
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook until golden, add fresh rosemary and whisk for a few seconds.
- Add 4 tbsp of the bone broth soup powder and 1 cup of water to the saucepan and whisk well, making sure no lumps remain in the mixture.
- Let this mixture simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- If the gravy is too thick, whisk in just enough water until it is the right consistency. If you feel the gravy is too runny, add some flour and water to a small bowl to create a slurry. Mix until there are no lumps left and then add this to the gravy.
- Add salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime or lemon juice to taste.
- Enjoy this gravy over turkey, vegetables, or mashed potatoes.
- You can keep this gravy one week in the refrigerator or one month in the freezer.