These delicious, festive Christmas cookies are easy-peasy, flourless and gluten-free. By following the directions below, you can enjoy these cookies either cooked or raw. But of course, we suggest trying both versions for even more enjoyment!
Rich in fresh coconut, these Coconut Christmas cookies are an amazing fiber and prebiotic source that will support healthy digestion throughout the holidays!
- 1 cup Organic Shredded Coconut
- ¼ cup of Organic ground black chia
- 6 tbsp Organic Agave Inulin
- 3 tbsp Organic Coconut sugar
¼ tsp cardamom (the cardamom flavor will mellow after 24 hours)
How to make Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Organic coconut milk powder
- ¼ cup of filtered water
Yield: 10-12 small cookies or 1 medium sized wreath, to make a large wreath, triple the recipe.
Directions for Cooked Coconut Christmas Cookies and for the Christmas Wreath (Baked in Oven):
- Blend coconut milk powder with water in a blender
- Thoroughly mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add the coconut milk to the dry mix and blend well using your hands
- Add an additional 1 tablespoon of water if necessary. At this stage, the dough is a thick pie-pastry consistency but still less dense (compared to a flour base) because shredded coconut does not bond like flour
- Divide the dough in 4 parts and arrange each part on a silicon sheet and create a circle/wreath. Use your fingertips to create the uneven texture. Or you can use a 1 oz scoop to make individual cookies, placing them 1 inch apart. Poke your finger down the middle of the ball to form a wreath like shape
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees on a silicon sheet for large wreath cake and 15 minutes for individual cookies
- Decorate with dried berries after baking as they will brown
- This delicious Coconut Christmas Cookie Cake will be creamy and chewy!
Coconut Christmas-Cookie Wreath
This versatile and tasty recipe can also be made into one large wreath and sprinkled with chlorella (very lightly) for an evergreen effect. The chlorella also adds a certain slight saltiness that serves the treat.
Freeze-dried raspberries or goji berries serve as the perfect Christmas berry/balls.
Directions for Raw Coconut Christmas Cookies (Dehydrated)
- Scoop 1 oz balls onto a silicon/paraflex sheet, spaced about 1 inch apart
- Place in a dehydrator
- Set timer for 15 hours at 115 degrees and let them dehydrate (Dehydrating below 118 degrees keeps the product raw, where no nutritional value is lost)
- Feel free to decorate the cookies with your favorite dried berries before dehydration -- they will not become browned like in baking
- For a fun and playful variation everyone will love:
- Take scooped ball form and roll in shredded coconut and then dehydrate for a plate of snowballs!
This raw version comes out with a crusty exterior and a moist and creamy interior
About Denise Girard, ZNF Master Chef
Denise Girard is a classically trained chef and an award winning film writer. Certified by the Institute of Integrative Nutrition (IIN) as a Holistic Health Practitioner (CHHP), Denise brings a unique set of training and skills to the food industry.
Being trained worldwide, she has been advised and educated by leading Medical and Naturopathic doctors in North America and Western Europe, including England, Switzerland, Italy and France, as well as, being trained using a wide array of the unique foods and spices of India. Denise also studied herbalism at the East West school of herbology in Santa Cruz and with Dr Schulze in Los Angeles, CA, gained extensive knowledge from Dr. Francesca Borella, Dr. Johanna Budwig of Germany, Dr. Schulze, and Bruce Lipton -- one of the fathers of the science of Epigenetics.
As the Master Chef at Z Natural Foods, Denise is dedicated to providing whole food nourishment. In fact, part of her daily routine her whole life, Denise sought high quality foods: Erewhon in Los Angeles, the markets of Paris, Swiss health food stores, Neal's Yard in London, going all the way back to her childhood in Philadelphia at the 9th St markets: these were always places of great joy. As an adult, she learned that buying the best quality food for yourself is, in fact, your best health insurance policy.
Throughout her world travels, Denise was particularly interested in traditional healing foods and has come to a very simple conclusion: Food is the game changer.
Denise is passionate about creating a new generation of superfood snacks (such as the ZNF exclusive Raspberry Quinoa Clusters, Fusion Bars and soon-to-be-released Vegan Fusion Bites). Denise leads Z Natural Foods’ efforts in transforming high quality, nutrient-dense, raw, whole food powders into nourishing, tasty ‘functional foods’ -- packed with bio-available building blocks to support true fueling and adaptation. She is driven to combine delicious solutions with balanced, healthy recipes.
To contact Denise about a special formula that matches your vision, you are invited to call 888-963-6637.