Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- Our Organic Ceylon Cinnamon is a uniquely sweet and delightful spice.
- Also known as true cinnamon or sweet cinnamon, Ceylon Cinnamon is native to Sri Lanka and Madagascar, but with a more subtle flavor than Cassia varieties.
- A culinary staple, Ceylon Cinnamon's sweet, earthy accents make it perfect for drinks, shakes, cooking, baking, cakes, and desserts.
True Cinnamon (Ceylon) Powder
Cinnamon is possibly the most famous flavor in the world.
Not only does cinnamon’s distinct and delightful aroma instantly bring a smile to your face, but its unique taste enhances almost every recipe it touches. In fact, it is used in just about every food product available.
Dating back to 2,000 BC, the Romans and Ancient Egyptians used it as a medicine, food enhancer, fragrance, and flavoring. In fact, the quest for cinnamon may have been at the heart of Christopher Columbus' voyage in the 15th century.
Native to Sri Lanka, Ceylon cinnamon became known as true cinnamon, where explorers who sought to gain control over this immensely popular spice led to the Portuguese controlling the cinnamon of Sri Lanka. Shortly after that, the Dutch had control. Then the British took control of this incredible Sri Lankan spice in 1815 until 1948, when Sri Lanka became an independent nation and now produces this true cinnamon, aka Ceylon Cinnamon.
Ceylon is unique among the types of cinnamon
Ceylon cinnamon has a slightly sweet taste and a light reddish-brown color. Ceylon cinnamon has the lowest coumarin content of any cinnamon. This may be why Ceylon cinnamon has become a preferred source of cinnamon.
Traditionally used for more than just its beautiful aromatic properties, Ceylon cinnamon is known for its potential pleiotropic effects, which means it may affect more than one seemingly unrelated organ system.
Cinnamon is truly an incredible spice and may provide these traditional benefits:
- may be antimicrobial
- may have antifungal properties
- may have antioxidant properties
- may enhance cognition
- may be antidiabetic
- may have anti-inflammatory properties
- may have cardioprotective properties
- may have anti-clotting effects on blood
Studies show cinnamon may provide a powerhouse of health benefits
Several studies suggest that non-GMO cinnamon may have a supportive effect on blood sugar, making it possibly beneficial for people with type 2 diabetes.
Other studies with cinnamon have shown a remarkable ability to stop medication-resistant yeast infections. One study even found that smelling cinnamon may support cognitive function and memory. In a study published by researchers at the U.S. Department of Agriculture in Maryland, cinnamon was shown to reduce the proliferation of mutated cells.
During research at Copenhagen University, patients were given half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder combined with one tablespoon of honey every morning before breakfast; after only one week, the patients had significant relief in arthritis pain. Studies have shown that just 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day may support healthy lipid levels. It may support inhibiting bacterial growth and food spoilage when added to food, making it a natural food preservative.
Cinnamon is an excellent source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium.
Some possible health benefits and traditional uses of Organic Cinnamon Powder may include:
- Supporting healthy lipid levels
- May help relieve diarrhea
- Supports healthy digestion
- May reduce headaches & migraine pain
- May support healthy cognitive function & memory
- May aid a healthy immune system response
- Anti-clotting effect on the blood
- Supporting healthy blood sugar levels
- Can be used as a food preservative
- May help the elimination of bad breath
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May aid the body in healing medication-resistant yeast infections
Micronutrients of Cinnamon include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Betaine, Beta carotene, Alpha Carotene, Cryptoxanthin-Beta, Lycopene, Vitamin A (IU), Lutein & Zeaxanthin, Vitamin E, Gamma Tocopherol, Delta Tocopherol, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine
- Flavonoids: Proanthocyanidin, 4-6 Mers, 7-10 Mers, Monomers, Dimers, Trimers
- Essential Oils: Cinnamaldehyde
- Phenols and Terpenes: Eugenol, Trans-Cinnamic acid, Hydroxycinnamaldehyde, o- Methoxycinnamaldehyde, Cinnamyl alcohol and its acetate, Limonene, Alpha-terpineol, oligomeric procyanidins
Suggested Use: Try in coffee, tea, oatmeal, smoothies, or add to baked goods and your favorite recipes.
- This method can take 15 to 30 days.
- You will need 3 items (a mason jar with a cover, the herb/herbs of your choice, liquid for extracting).
- The extracting liquid can be alcohol, alcohol/ water combo, vinegar, or vegetable glycerin.
- Take the product, fill the jar ¾ full, add the liquid, and close the jar.
- Then shake the jar, so everything is well mixed.
- Give the jar a good 5-minute shake several times a day.
- After 15 to 30 days, strain and bottle in glass tincture jars.
Mixing suggestion: To increase flavor and nutritional profile, combine with our organic turmeric, organic ginger root, and organic clove powders and either throw it in a smoothie or sprinkle it on your food.
Miscellaneous Facts about our Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
Ingredients: Organic Ceylon Cinnamon (Cinnamomum Verum)
Botanical Name: Cinnamomum Verum. Other Names: Cinnamomum zeylanicum, C. verum, true cinnamon, true cinnamon tree, or Ceylon cinnamon tree
Origin: Grown and harvested in Sri Lanka. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
- ZNaturalFoods.com offers our Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Cinnamon Powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
About Z Natural Foods
Please go here to learn more about Z Natural Foods and discover the important steps we take to bring you fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
Cinnamon: Mystic powers of a minute ingredient: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4466762/
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.