Move over cake-box, here's a much more delicious and far healthier cake that will leave everyone wanting a second piece.
This simple pound cake recipe includes our versatile whole egg powder, coconut flour, coconut sugar and has none of the harmful additives that are found in virtually every grocery store baking aisle. This fun and easy recipe will take a little over an hour from start to finish.
Actually, the hardest part of about making this pound cake is deciding which delicious topping to put on top! Such as raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, powdered sugar, dark chocolate, all of the above, or nothing!
Ok, here’s what you need and how to make it.
Coconut pound cake ingredients:
- Nonstick cooking spray (or butter)
- 1 cup salted butter (softened, at room temperature)
- 1cup Coconut palm sugar
- 6 tbsp egg powder
- ⅔ cup Coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
Directions for your coconut pound cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the ingredients together on medium speed for 3-4 minutes, or until pale and fluffy. Add the egg powder, coconut flour, baking powder and continue mixing for 1-2 mins and scrape inside of bowl occasionally, until the mixture is smooth and combined.
- Add smooth mixture to pan and place in the center of the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool down 10-15 mins