Popcorn is a great, easy and versatile snack for any occasion!
This homemade caramel popcorn is made using our freshly popped Organic Heirloom Popcorn and homemade caramel sauce which doesn’t have any corn syrup and instead, uses our delicious Organic Coconut Palm Sugar.
Our Organic Heirloom Popcorn is non-GMO, has no additives and is a great source of fiber and protein. We also added our Organic Mammoth Pecan Halves to the mix, they’re packed with fiber, healthy fats, protein and antioxidants. They add a delicious flavor and texture to make this snack feel gourmet, you could even use our Organic Raw Almonds or Organic Whole Raw Cashews for an additional, and extra delicious, texture and flavor.
Making the popcorn is super simple. Just add oil to the pan and then place 3 popcorn kernels to test that the oil is hot enough. Once the 3 kernels pop, add the remaining popcorn kernels to the pot in a single layer and cover with a lid. Shake the pan around a few times while cooking the popcorn and keep the lid slightly open. Once the popcorn is done, pick out any kernels that didn’t pop.
Here’s what you need and how to make it.
- 6 Cups Organic Heirloom Popcorn - popped (about ½ cup of kernels)
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 1 Cup Organic Raw Mammoth Pecans (Halves) - roasted
- 3 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- ½ Cup Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- ½ Tsp. Gourmet Himalayan Salt (Fine Grain) (or to desired taste)
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp. Vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Baking soda
- 2 Tsp. Water
- Roughly chop the roasted Organic Raw Mammoth Pecans (Halves), combine them with the popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan add Organic Coconut Palm Sugar, water, butter, vanilla extract and Gourmet Himalayan Salt (Fine Grain) over low heat.
- Stir to combine ingredients, then wait until mixture comes to a boil. Once boiling, stir constantly for 1 minute. *Coconut palm sugar cooks very quickly and can burn easily, that’s why it is important to add the water and make sure that the heat is not too high.*
- Remove the pan from heat and add vinegar and baking soda. Stir until the vinegar and baking soda are well incorporated, pour this sauce over popcorn.
- Give it a few tosses with a spoon so it coats as much of the popcorn as possible.
- Spread popcorn mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 250F.
- Remove from the oven, mix well and then let it cool down at room temperature until it becomes crunchy. Popcorn should be stored in an airtight container in order to remain fresh and crunchy.
For Bulk inquiries and custom formulations click here: https://www.znaturalfoods.com/pages/bulk