Here’s a tasty single-serve homemade dessert that everyone is guaranteed to love.
After all, who doesn’t like to eat cake in their favorite mug?
But it gets even better.
This mug cake is not only made with ripe bananas and fresh coconut, but it's basically guilt-free because it’s made with MCT oil. Medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) are a healthy type of fat that is metabolized in your body faster, easier and more efficiently than other fats.
And, this delicious, soft-and-moist vegan-approved cake can be cooked in the microwave in about two minutes. (If you have steel will-power, you can also bake it in the oven but this takes 15-20 minutes.)
Here’s what you need and how to make it:
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 4 Tbsp of Organic Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Organic Coconut Milk Powder
- 1 Tbsp of MCT Oil Powder
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- ½ Tsp of Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp of Organic Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ Cup of Chopped Organic Walnuts
- Pinch of Himalayan Salt
- Pinch of Baking Soda
- 3 Tbsp of Water
- Smash ripe bananas in a bowl using a fork or a food processor, add coconut flour and 2 Tbsp of chopped walnuts, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut milk powder, MCT oil powder, cinnamon powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Stir in water and vanilla extract, mix well (without any lumps).
- Add both mixtures together and mix well.
- Put the mixture into a microwave safe mug or bowl and garnish with chopped walnuts.
- Put the mug or bowl in the microwave for approximately 2 minutes or until cooked.(Optional: Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 15-20 minutes.)
- Serve warm or at room temperature!
- Repeat often