1. Natural Standard Monograph; Palm Oil; Christopher Chan; 2011
2. "The Journal of Nutrition"; Consumption of a Solid Fat Rich in Lauric Acid Results in a More Favorable Serum Lipid Profile in Healthy Men and Women than Consumption of a Solid Fat Rich in Trans-fatty Acids; Nicole M. deRoos; February 2001
3. European Food Safety Authority Journal; "Scientific Opinion on the Safety of Sucrose Esters of Fatty Acids..."; 2010
4. The AOCS Lipid Library; Commodity Oils and Fats - Palmkernel and Coconut Oils; February 2011
5. "Harvard Health Letter"; Ask the Doctor: I Have Started Noticing More Coconut Oil at the Grocery Store...; Walter Willett; May 2011
6. Beccari, O. The origin and dispersal of cocos nucifera. The Philippine journal of science, C. Botany, v.7, Jan. 1917: 27- 43. http://cocos.arecaceae.com/beccari.pdf
7. Davidson, Alan. Coconut in Penguin companion to food. New York, Penguin Reference, c2002. p. 239-241.
8. Duke, James A. Cocos nucifera L. in Handbook of nuts. Boca Raton, FL, CRC Press, c2001. p. 100-109.
9. Hill, Arthur W. The original home and mode of dispersal of the coconut. Nature, v. 124, July 27, 1929: 133-134, 151-153.
10. Macbean, Valerie. Coconut cookery: a practical cookbook encompassing innovative uses of the tropical drupe Cocus nucifera, accompanied by assorted information and anecdotes ranging from hard data to the frankly frivolous. Berkeley, Frog Ltd., North Atlantic Books, c2001. 198 p.
11. Modern coconut management: palm cultivation and products. Edited by J. G. Ohler. London, Intermediate Technology Publications, 1999. 458 p.
12. Rosengarten, Frederic Jr. Coconuts in The book of edible nuts. Mineola, NY, Dover Publications, 2004. p. 65-93.
13. Woodroof, Jasper Guy. Coconuts: production, processing, products. Westport, CT, AVI Publishing Co., 1970. 241 p.