This highly nutritious flour is an excellent source of dietary fiber that may help facilitate healthy digestion; and absorption of vitamins and minerals.
It is high in protein and fiber, while being low in sodium, carbohydrates and cholesterol.
Coconut flour is high in manganese which may support the absorption of many different minerals including choline, biotin, vitamin C and thiamine. It also helps promote a healthy immune system, thyroid health, and helps to promote and stabilize healthy blood sugar levels. Coconut flour is also high in lauric acid which is a healthy saturated fat and is essential for immune health. It is also known to possibly promote healthy skin and thyroid health. Since coconut is full of fiber and low in digestible carbohydrates, coconut flour has a gentle impact on blood glucose.
If you're concerned about your blood sugar levels, this type of flour can be a great alternative to traditional flours.
Our Raw Organic Coconut Flour can be used for baking, to thicken gravy, or as a supplement to boost fiber content in smoothies. To substitute the entire amount of traditional wheat flour in a recipe with coconut flour, you will need to do some recipe tweaking. Coconut flour doesn't rise or gel together like wheat flour. It readily absorbs moisture so the secret when using 100% Coconut Flour is to add one egg per ounce of coconut flour (on the average) or 4 eggs to 1 cup flour. You can also substitute 1 cup of applesauce per 1 egg for vegan recipes.
Coconut Flour lends a rich texture and natural sweetness to baked goods. Due to its high fiber content, it absorbs a lot of liquid and you will generally need to increase the liquid called for in the recipe by about a third. For extended freshness, refrigerate after opening.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Coconut Flour may include:
- Gluten free, vegan & hypoallergenic
- Ideal for baking
- Gentle impact on blood sugar levels
- It is made from raw, unheated coconut
- Contains double the fiber of wheat bran
- Unbleached & unrefined flour
- High in beneficial fats such as medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs)
- May aid digestive health
- Source of protein
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our seasoned salt and use as a coating for chicken or burgers.
Botanical Source: Cocos Nucifera.
Other Names: Coconut powder.
Parts Used: Coconut Meat.
Ingredients: Raw Coconut Flour.
Origin: Grown and dried in Philippines. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.