Get ready for the most delicious dark chocolate coconut pie you have ever tasted.
That’s because it’s low in carbohydrates and extra high in deliciousness!
And, because of HOW this pie is made, it will be a game-changer for you in the kitchen giving you more options in future pies, crusts, and fillings.
This amazing low carb pie is really two recipes in one:
- The coconut flour pie crust, and
- Coconut milk filling (condensed milk) -- loaded with almonds, walnuts, pecans, and dark chocolate chips.
You’ll definitely want to add this recipe for the low carb coconut pie crust to your list of most favored recipes. That’s because, depending upon how much honey you use for taste, it's a keto, gluten-free, sugar-free, grain-free, low carb pie crust -- and it's super easy to make and extremely versatile.
For this pie crust recipe, roll the dough on parchment paper and place it evenly on a baking pan with parchment paper using your palms. It’s very easy to remove the crust from the parchment paper when the pie is done.
The second bonus in this recipe is the amazing technique for making organic condensed coconut milk which you can use for a variety of other recipes, including this pie filling.
Condensed milk is an excellent choice because, especially in baked goods like this one, it makes our pie crust more tender, moist, adds a delicious flavor to the recipe, and a nice color to the crust.
Ok, here’s what you need and how to make this Chocolate Chip Pie-Bars with Coconut Milk Crust.
Organic Coconut Condensed Milk Filling (packed with nutritious goodies):
- ¾ Cup of Organic Coconut Milk Powder
- ½ Cup of Honey
- ¼ Cup of Water
- 3 Tbsp of Chopped Organic Almonds
- 3 Tbsp of Chopped Organic Walnuts
- 3 Tbsp of Chopped Mammoth Pecans
- 3 Tbsp of Organic Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
Organic Coconut Flour Pie Crust
- Make condensed milk by adding coconut milk powder, honey, and water in a pot, mix well and boil until thick and syrupy. Keep it cool at room temperature.
- To make the filling, mix all chopped nuts and chocolate chips together in the condensed milk.
- In a large bowl, beat honey and coconut oil together until smooth and creamy, using an electric hand mixer.
- Add coconut flour and a pinch of salt, stir gently until a wet dough forms.
- Press the dough evenly onto the bottom of the baking pie pan using palms.
- Poke some holes at the bottom of the dough.
- Place the pan in a preheated oven at 350 Fahrenheit for approximately 7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, pour the filling into the crust, gently shake the pan, and put the pan back in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Keep it cool at room temperature, then cover the pan with aluminum foil, and put in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove pie from the pan and cut into desired shape and size.
For Bulk inquiries and custom formulations click here: https://www.znaturalfoods.com/pages/bulk