If you love spaghetti, sandwiches and delicious side dishes and enjoy a plant-based diet, you are going to absolutely love these buckwheat inspired vegan meatballs.
Also called “buckwheat nuggets”, these delicious morsels offer you a tasty, crunchy nutrient-rich nugget -- filled with fabulous herbs and plant-based ingredients.
The star of the show is ‘buckwheat -- rich in protein and fiber, as well as a variety of antioxidants and nutrition, many call this sprouting seed a superfood.
Buckwheat is gluten-free, a low glycemic index food and a great source of minerals such as magnesium, copper, folate, phosphorus, and manganese.
Here’s what you need and how to make these awesome vegan meatballs:
- 1 cup of Buckwheat Sprouting Seed (Organic)
- Two Boiled Potatoes (Organic)
- 2 Tbsp of Onion Powder (Organic)
- 2 Tbsp of Nutritional Yeast Powder
- 1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder (Organic)
- 1 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper Powder (Organic)
- 1 Tsp of Lemon Juice Powder (Organic)
- Himalayan Salt to Taste
- Black Pepper Powder (Organic) to Taste
- Bring 3 cups of water to boil in a small pot. Add buckwheat, return to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until tender (approximately 10–15 minutes). Drain off any remaining water and let it cool.
- Put cooked buckwheat, boiled potatoes (cut into small pieces), onion powder, garlic powder, nutritional yeast powder, cayenne pepper powder, lemon juice powder, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until all ingredients mix well together (optional: can be mixed with a fork).
- Remove the mixture into a bowl and simply use your hands and fingers to make small round shape nuggets.
- Pan fry nuggets on both sides with a little oil until they turn golden brown.
- Ready to serve with your favorite dipping sauce or eat alone.