If you are looking for a tasty, vegan, protein snack that also packs an amazing healthy boost of shiitake mushroom -- look no further!
That’s because these vegan shiitake cheese balls are perfect in almost every way! -- They are the ideal snack for virtually any gathering, holiday, for a nutritional boost or any reason at all.
Not only will everyone be delighted with the cheesy, salty flavor, but you will also love how easy these snacks are to make.
The main ingredient is nutritional yeast, a complete protein and a great source of B vitamins. But the real star of the show is shiitake mushroom because shiitake has traditionally been used as a powerful immune system booster for thousands of years.
To best support the nutritional yeast and shiitake, this awesome recipe uses fresh vegetables and other nutrient-dense powders as a binder to give the cheese ball the perfect shape, taste, and consistency. If you are not vegan, feel free to place a small piece of mozzarella cheese in the center before rolling your cheese balls.
Here are the ingredients and how to make your vegan shiitake cheese balls.
- ½ Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 3 Tbsp Shiitake Mushroom Powder
- 2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ Cup Ground Chia
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice Powder
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper (to taste)
- Himalayan Salt (to taste)
- 1 Medium Carrot
- 2 Medium Zucchini
- 3 tbsp Potato Flakes
- ¼ Cup Finely Chopped Cilantro
- Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Shred the Carrot, Zucchini, in a bowl, mix well with salt and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix: almond flour, potato flakes, nutritional yeast, ground chia seeds, shiitake mushroom powder, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon juice powder, cayenne pepper powder, chopped cilantro, and salt, and mix it all together.
- Put all shredded vegetables in a strainer, press and remove the water from vegetables as best you can.
- Mix vegetables with powder mix (from step #2) using your hands and give it a round shape.
- Cut small pieces of mozzarella cheese and stuff one piece in one in balls (optional).
- Brush balls with a little oil and roll into nutritional yeast powder for a nice crunchy coating.
- Bake it at 375F for 20 to 25 minutes or until it’s done.
For Bulk inquiries and custom formulations click here: https://www.znaturalfoods.com/pages/bulk