The chinese lunar new year is a festival time for chinese people all over the world.
I’m always looking for more ideas to incorporate protein into my family’s diet especially when it comes to creating a balanced diet for my kids.
Buddha’s delight is a stir fry vegetable and tofu that’s coated in savory homemade sauce which I tried to make it more healthier and add more protein in it.
This recipe for buddha’s delight is a classic Chinese dish full of mixed vegetables and tofu in a savory homemade sauce.
- ½ Tbsp of Organic Shiitake Mushroom Powder
- ½ Tsp of Organic Onion Powder
- ¼ Tsp of Organic Garlic Powder
- ¼ Tsp of Organic Ginger Powder
- 1 Tbsp of Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 3 Tbsp of Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp of Sesame Oil
- ¼ Tsp of Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp of Water
- Himalayan Salt to test
- Organic Black Pepper to test
- 2-3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil
- Fresh Vegetables of your choice (i.e. broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers, tofu, carrots, snow peas, scallions, etc; approximately 1 ½ cup)
- 2 Tbsp of Organic Cashews (Optional: roasted with oil, salt and pepper)
- In a bowl, make stir-fried sauce by adding Ingredients #1-11 together and mix well. (Measurement of each ingredient can be adjusted per your desired taste).
- Heat a little cooking oil (2-3 tbsp) in a wok or large pan over high heat, add tofu and saute for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, and remove tofu from the wok into a separate bowl.
- Add all vegetables to the wok, stir fry all vegetables together for a couple minutes or until vegetables are tender and water has mostly cooked off.
- Return the tofu back to the wok, season the vegetables and tofu with the sauce mixture, mix well for 30 seconds, and remove onto a serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and chopped cashews.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice, if desired.
- Enjoy your meal and Happy Chinese New Year
For Bulk inquiries and custom formulations click here: https://www.znaturalfoods.com/pages/bulk