The Z Natural Foods Berry Mousse is quite the decadent treat! It also makes the perfect Valentine's Day dessert -- especially for lovers of fine vegan and tasty vegetarian foods.
The three main components in this dairy-free, vegan mousse are:
Aquafaba-- the liquid from garbanzo beans
- The Berry Blend -- a mixture of
high qualityZNF powders (see mixture directions below)
- The Cashew Cream made with the soaked banana and toasted cashews, which is
flavored bythe berry mix.
Berry Mousse Ingredients and Directions
- 2 ¼ cup lightly toasted Cashews
- 1 cup Berry mix powder (see directions below)
- ½ cup of strawberry powder
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon juice powder
- 1 ¼ cups
aquafaba(The liquid from a can of Garbanzo beans)
- 1 ½ cups soaked banana (very soft)
- 1 cups of banana water from soaking
- ¾ cups of plain water
- 1 plus ½ cup Coconut sugar (divided in
two-1cup will be used in the aquafabaand the ½ cup will be used in the cashew cream)
- 1 cup dried or fresh raspberries
The Berry Blend
This Berry Blend is a very versatile mixture that has a long shelf life (about 2 years if stored in a cool, dry, dark location).
- ⅛ cup Raspberry powder
- ¼ cup Acai powder
- ¼ cup Blueberry juice powder
- ¼ cup Maqui berry powder
- ⅛ cup Beet Root powder
- ¼ cup Strawberry powder
Directions for the Berry Blend: Mix and sift these six powders together into one final mixture which now becomes ‘the berry blend’. Use 1 cup
Directions for the Berry Mousse:
- In a separate bowl, beat the
aquafabawith the vanilla extract with a hand-beater until stiff peaks form (see image above).
- Add 1 cup of the sugar gradually and 1 tbsp of lemon juice powder as you continue beating.
- If the peaks soften just continue beating until stiff peaks return as you cannot overbeat
- Do the
aquafabafirst as any fat on your equipment will prevent the solution to form stable peaks.
- Making the Cashew Cream is very simple. In a food processor blend the cashew, banana water and soaked banana until smooth. Once creamy, remove from processor and place in a bowl working with a hand beater; beat in the berry blend powder, strawberry powder, plain water and ½ cup of coconut sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gently fold in with a spatula the stiffly beaten
- Refrigerate overnight.
Makes 10-12 servings
About Denise Girard, ZNF Master Chef
Denise Girard is a classically trained chef and an
Being trained worldwide, she has been advised and educated by leading Medical and Naturopathic doctors in North America and Western Europe, including England, Switzerland, Italy and France, as well as, being trained using a wide array of the unique foods and spices of India. Denise also studied herbalism at the
For Bulk inquiries and custom formulations click here: https://www.znaturalfoods.com/pages/bulk