This eye-catching and delicious recipe is great for breakfast or dessert.
It’s so tasty it is virtually guaranteed to be a new household favorite!
While these crepes cook like a pancake, this is not another traditional pancake recipe – its far, far more!
But when you add the star of the recipe – organic matcha green tea powder – this turns your crepes green and provides an entirely new level of flavor and nutrition compared to a standard pancake.
Now for the real surprise… the delicious filling.
The mild matcha green tea flavor in the crepes pairs really well with your favorite sweet filling.
The filling we chose to put inside these green tea crepes is a sweet coconut and cashew treat. First, it’s made using our organic shredded coconut mixed with whole milk powder providing a rich and creamy texture. Then, we added our organic coconut palm sugar to provide a sweet, caramel color and an amazing taste.
In fact, coconut palm sugar is an excellent sweetener to use in all your recipes because the flavor is far superior to regular sugar and it has a lower glycemic index. Plus, coconut palm sugar is loaded with vitamins and minerals compared to most other sweeteners. But, feel free to use jaggery instead of coconut palm sugar or use another sweetener of your choice.
Lastly, we added cardamom powder to this filling, but feel free to add your own favorite spices.
Here’s how to make your own matcha green tea crepes and what you need.
Matcha Green Tea Crepes Ingredients with Sweet Coconut and Cashew Filling
Sweet Coconut and Cashew Filling:
- 2 cups Coconut - Shredded, Raw - Organic
- 1 cup Coconut Palm Sugar - Organic
- ¼ cup Whole Milk Powder
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Seed Powder - Organic
- ¼ cup Raw Whole Cashews - Organic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Matcha Green Tea Crepes (the Pancake):
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup Coconut Milk Powder - Organic
- ½ tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder - Organic
- Himalayan Salt (Fine Grain) - to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- Oil of choice for cooking the pancakes
- Add shredded coconut, palm sugar, milk powder, water and chopped cashews to a saucepan over medium heat. Mix and cook the filling until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from heat and add coconut oil and cardamom powder, stir to combine. Leave the filling at room temperature to cool.
- To a large bowl, add the flour, coconut milk powder, matcha, salt, egg, and water. Whisk the mixture together until there are no lumps left and it is as thin as crepe batter.
- Add a little bit of oil to a medium pan on medium high heat. Once the oil is hot enough, pour in about ⅓ cup of pancake batter to the pan. Tilt the pan and move it in a circular motion so that the batter coats the bottom of the pan, it should be a very thin pancake, closer to a crepe. Cook for 2-3 minutes until small bubbles start to form and the border darkens a little. Then, flip the pancake and cook for another minute on the other side.
- Repeat until all of the batter has been used.
- To fold the pancakes, add filling towards the bottom of the pancake in the shape of a rectangle. Fold the bottom portion of the pancake up to cover the filling. Then, fold in each side, making sure they’re straight before rolling the pancake up to the top. Lastly, roll the pancake up to the top of the plate.
- You can keep the pancakes in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days but they’re best eaten fresh.
- Cut the pancake in half before serving.
For Bulk inquiries and custom formulations click here: https://www.znaturalfoods.com/pages/bulk