Some call bread pudding one of the most delicious comfort foods on the planet! I know I do.
With coconut milk and cashews as core ingredients to this recipe, this bread pudding is a quick-and-easy, creamy, non-dairy dessert.
Coconut milk is a nourishing whole food, coriander and ginger add to its flavor and digestibility, lucuma adds fiber, and cashews increase the protein.
I like to collect old bits of bread for my bread pudding, but, if you don’t have some old bread on hand, just cube up your favorite bread and put it in a 320-degree oven for 20 minutes then proceed with this recipe.
Ingredients: Coconut Cream Bread Pudding
- 2 cups coconut milk powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup lucuma powder
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp coriander ground
- 1 cup of water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of toasted cashews
- 3 cups of dried bread cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 6”x8” heatproof dish.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients together in a bowl and whisk together.
- Once it is smooth, whisk in the eggs.
- Fold in the dried bread cubes and cashews.
- Empty into the greased pan.
- Place in the oven and lower temp to 320 degrees and bake for 45 minutes or until the top springs back when touched.
Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired and serve with your favorite non-dairy ice cream or just plain by itself.
Serves 4-6 people.
About Denise Girard, ZNF Master Chef
Denise Girard is a classically trained chef and an award-winning film writer. Certified by the Institute of Integrative Nutrition (IIN) as a Holistic Health Practitioner (CHHP), Denise brings a unique set of training and skills to the food industry.
Being trained worldwide, she has been advised and educated by leading Medical and Naturopathic doctors in North America and Western Europe, including England, Switzerland, Italy, and France, as well as, being trained using a wide array of the unique foods and spices of India. Denise also studied herbalism at the
For Bulk inquiries and custom formulations click here: https://www.znaturalfoods.com/pages/bulk