Organic Sea Kelp Powder
Sea kelp (laminaria), the most prolific sea plant on America's shores, contains algin, carrageenan, iodine, potassium, bromine, mucopolysaccharides, mannitol, alginic acid, kainic acid, laminine, histamine, zeaxanthin, protein, vitamins A, B, E, D, K, C, and minerals. Kelp proteins are comparable in quality to animal proteins. Kelp contains sodium alginate (algin), an element that may support a healthy detoxification response. Algin, carrageenan and agar are kelp gels that may rejuvenate gastrointestinal health and support digestion. Its natural iodine may support healthy thyroid function and lymph system. It is a demulcent that supports the body's ability to possibly fight viral invaders.
Nutrient-Rich Sea Vegetables
Kelp, a natural source of minerals in the vegetable kingdom, contains calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, iron, iodine and sodium. Organic raw kelp is a brown seaweed and a natural source of Iodine / Potassium Iodide (KI). Iodine is a chemical element essential for supporting thyroid health as the production of thyroid hormones regulate growth and metabolism. Diets deficient in iodine may increase the risk of retarded brain development in children (cretinism), mental slowness, high cholesterol, lethargy, fatigue, depression, weight gain and goiter. The natural Potassium Iodide (KI) / Iodine from Sea Kelp / Rockweed is absorbed by your body more slowly and safely than chemical or synthetic iodine. Furthermore, Kelp / Rockweed helps support an alkaline atmosphere within the body and may support a healthy immune system response.
Iodine / Potassium Iodide (KI), administered orally immediately after extreme environmental exposure, may be used to support a balanced thyroid. However, Potassium Iodide (KI) will only be effective if the exposure contains radioactive iodine.
Raw organic kelp is also excellent for supporting a healthy detoxification response due to its naturally high levels of the polysaccharide, alginic acid. Scientific researchers, including a team led by Dr. Tanaka at McGill University, have demonstrated that alginic acid binds with heavy metals found in the intestines; renders them indigestible; and causes them to be eliminated. So heavy metals such as barium, cadmium, lead, mercury, zinc, and even radioactive strontium will not be absorbed by the body when alginic acid is present. What's more, Dr. Tanaka's research has shown that the alginic acid in sea vegetables actually helps bind and draw out any similar toxins that are already stored in our bodies, thus "lowering the body's burden."
Raw Sea Kelp Powder may help Cleanse the body of Heavy Metals
Doctors Seibin and Teruko Arasaki, Japanese scientists who have published several books about sea vegetables, also report this cleansing property of alginic acid in their book “Vegetables From the Sea.” They conclude, "Heavy metals taken into the human body are rendered insoluble by alginic acid in the intestines and cannot therefore be absorbed into body tissues."
Some possible health benefits and traditional uses of Raw Organic Kelp Powder may include:
- A natural source of Iodine / Potassium Iodide (KI)
- Contains more vitamin C than oranges
- May support healthy circulation
- May support a healthy body weight
- May support healthy lipid levels
- Contains polysaccharides
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May support healthy blood pressure levels
- May support a healthy metabolic response
- May help to improve bladder disorders
- May support healthy thyroid function
- May help to improve kidney function
- A natural source of vitamin K
- May be used as an emollient
- Contains bioavailable iron
- May reduce allergies in dogs
- May play a role in lowering the risk of estrogen-related problems
- Possibly possesses antiviral, anticoagulant and antithrombotic properties
- Contains fucoidans which may support a healthy inflammation response
- Natural source of the mineral vanadium which appears to play a multi-faceted role in the regulation of carbohydrate metabolism & blood sugar
- Take 1/2 teaspoon 1 - 3 times daily.
- To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic tomato or carrot powder. Also, add a dash to your hot soup to kick it up a notch.
Miscellaneous Facts about our Raw Organic Seaweed Powder (Norwegian Kelp)
Certification: USDA Certified Organic.
Ingredients: Organic Kelp.
Parts Used: Whole, Kelp.
Botanical Name: Ascophyllum nodosum.
Sea Kelp’s Other Names: Rockweed, Norwegian Kelp, Kombu, Laminaria digitata, Laminaria japonica, Laminaria saccharina, Macrocystis pyrifera, Brown Algae, Horsetail, Sea Girdles, Seaweed, Sugar Wrack, Brown Seaweed, Algae, and Tangleweed.
Origin: Grown and dried in Nova Scotia Canada. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
- Our raw Organic Kelp powder is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep your raw Organic Kelp powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.