Mesquite is a true Superfood!
Our Certified Organic Raw Mesquite Powder (Flour) has a mild, sweet, nutty, molasses-like flavor with a touch of caramel and a hint of chocolate.
If you like carob, you should try mesquite!
Mesquite is a natural source of calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc and the amino acid lysine. It is also a source of dietary fiber and bio-available protein (about 17% by weight). Mesquite is a true superfood that may help to satisfy hunger and is low in calories and fat. It may also support healthy blood sugar levels. The soluble fiber and galactomannin gum in mesquite seeds and pods may slow the absorption of nutrients, possibly resulting in a flattened blood sugar curve. The gel-forming fiber may help foods to be slowly digested and absorbed over a four to six hour period, in contrast to wheat flour, cornmeal and other common cooking staples which are rapidly digested, leading to spikes in blood sugar.
It is also thought that mesquite flour may support a healthy immune response due to its levels of zinc. Zinc is an important part of the immune system and has been scientifically proven to support the production of white blood cells within the body, which could possibly help the body combat illness. Mesquite powder may support a healthy fungal response as well. Laboratory tests have shown that it may help the body naturally ward off fungal infection.
Organic Mesquite flour is a rich Culinary treasure
Our Organic Raw Mesquite Powder (Flour) can be added to smoothies, beverages, desserts and recipes. We recommend trying it in combination with Cacao and Maca for a sweet superfood snack. Our powder is finely ground so that it easily blends into any recipe. It adds a thick, smooth texture that many people enjoy. Our powder has a rich, molasses like flavor which makes it a great substitute to a variety of culinary chef-d'oeuvre.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Mesquite Powder Flour may include:
- May be a source of dietary fiber
- Low in fat and calories
- May support healthy blood sugar levels
- May support a healthy immune response
- May help to satisfy hunger
- Possible source of bio-available protein
- May support the body's response to fight off fungal infections
- May support healthy cell growth and regeneration
- Possibly helps nourish the mind during headaches and migraines
Mesquite nutritional properties include:
- Minerals: Boron, Calcium, Chromium, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Molybdenum, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine,. Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine
- Gums: L-arabinose and D-glucuronic acid
- Alkaloids: Prosoflorine and Prosinine
- Phytochemicals: 5-hydroxytrptamine, Tryptamine, Tyramine, Tannins, Inulin
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use: Add 1 tablespoon to meal replacement drinks or your favorite smoothie.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic extra rich cacao powder.
Miscellaneous Facts about our Organic Mesquite Powder
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic
Ingredients: Organic Mesquite
Parts Used: Whole, Mesquite pod (Including seed)
Botanical Name: Prosopis alba
Other Names: South American Mesquite, vanni-andara, katu andara, bayahonda blanca, Mesquite Beans, bayarone, bayahonde, bayahonda, bayarone
Origin: Grown and dried in Peru. Packaged with care in Florida, USA
About Z Natural Foods and how we Preserve the Vital Nutrients
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Raw Mesquite powder comes from organically grown Mesquite pods that pass our strict quality assurance which typically includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
ZNaturalFoods.com offers Raw organic Mesquite powder packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Organic raw Mesquite powder in a cool, dark, dry place.