- The Black Currant (blackcurrant) is known as “The King of Berries”
- With a long history of medicinal uses, our Organic Black Currant Juice Powder gives you a more powerful antioxidant punch than blueberries.
- Traditionally used for a sore throat and to support good vision, this healthy juice is deliciously tart and tangy.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals, our black currant juice powder is a true superfood and enjoyed as a potent healthy juice when mixed with water, topped on yogurt or mixed in your favorite smoothie... More
Organic Black Currant Juice Powder
The use of black currant fruit as an herbal botanical emerged in the Middle Ages when it was used extensively in natural health remedies. Today there is a growing body of scientific evidence which shows how black currants may possibly protect against oxidative damage and thus may support a healthy aging process.
Amazing Nutrition in the Black Currant Berry
The unique composition of the black currant includes a rare yet essential combination of fatty acids Omega-3 ALA and Omega-6 GLA. Studies have plausibly linked GLA and ALA to a healthy immune system and inflammation response. In addition, this power fruit may support healthy cardiovascular functions, support brain health and youthful skin.
The Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health senior research scientist Dr. Abdul-Lateef Molan and his team conducted a trial with 45 healthy volunteers who took black currant for four weeks. He found that the consumption of black currants may possibly support gut health by supporting healthy bacteria levels.
"The improvement was significant in many ways," Dr. Molan says. "Firstly, there was an increase in the number of lactobacilli and bifidobacteria, both of which may be supportive of gut health. Secondly, there was a reduction in the population sizes of some pathogenic bacteria such as Clostridium spp. and Bacteroides spp. Thirdly, the consumption of black currants led to a significant reduction in the activity of Beta-glucuronidase. Lastly, there was also a lowering of fecal pH." Dr. Molan says these findings show that taking black currant can offer significant health benefits because it acts as a powerful prebiotic.
A recent study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that subjects who were given a mixture of berries daily (including black currants) had a positive reaction on their blood pressure and also supported healthy good (HDL) cholesterol levels, two factors that support heart health.
Black currant contains powerful compounds called proanthocyanidins, anthocyanins and a polysaccharide-rich substance, cassis polysaccharide (CAPS), and macrophage-stimulating activity. CAPS have possibly been shown to support a healthy immune system response. Additionally preliminary research from the Horticulture and Food Research Institute in New Zealand found that the anthocyanins and polyphenols found in black currants may help support a healthy brain. Even more research has shown that black currants may generally support different facets of the nervous system. Anthocyanins also may likely support a healthy inflammation response. The effect is similar to aspirin or ibuprofen, so many middle-aged and elderly people are choosing the healthier black currant over these drugs.
Black currant may support healthy vision
In the last few decades, computers have rapidly and steadily become a necessary tool of modern life and many people are suffering from computer-related eye problems. Long-term computer use has also contributed to the rise of modern lifestyle-related diseases, often exacerbated by stress. Black currant anthocyanins work wonders by perhaps supporting a healthy stress response, thereby supporting a variety of secondary effects that are made worse by long-term computer use.
Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) is the number one cause of blindness in adults over age 65. Research and clinical studies have shown that certain antioxidants like vitamin C and anthocyanosides (anthocyanins) may support vision health and decrease the risk of age-related vision problems such as cataracts and AMD. Scientists have found that a plant-based diet rich in flavonoids, including anthocyanins and quercetin found in black currants, may play a role in decreasing the degeneration of the macula by keeping harmful free radicals from damaging the retina.
Some possible traditional uses of our Organic Black Currant Juice Powder may include:
- May support capillary health
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- Possibly reduces the cause of diarrhea
- Source of powerful antioxidant actions
- May support eye health
- May support brain and nervous system health
- May support healthy cardiovascular functions
- Possibly acts as a prebiotic
- May support healthy energy levels
- May support healthy digestion
- A source of antioxidants, vitamin C, potassium, essential fatty acids, anthocyanins, polysaccharides
- Possibly helpful in reducing cellular mutations
- May have diuretic properties
- May support healthy blood pressure levels & good cholesterol (HDL)
- May support skin health
- May support healthy uric acid levels
- Supporting healthy function of the liver, pancreas, spleen & kidneys
Constituents of Black Currant include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Selenium, Potassium, Zinc, Phosphorus, Manganese, Copper
- Vitamins: Thiamine, Vitamin C, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin B-12, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Folate (DFE), Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin A (RAE), Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)
- Anthocyanidins: Petunidin, Delphinidin, Pelargonidin, Peonidin, Cyanidin
- Flavan-3-ols: Catechin, Epicatechin
- Flavonols: Isorhamnetic, Kaempferol, Myricetin, Quercetin
- Isoflavones: Genistein
- Proanthocyanidins: Proanthocyanidin Monomers, Proanthocyanidin Dimers, Proanthocyanidin Trimers, Proanthocyanidin 4-6mers, Proanthocyanidin 7-10mers, Proanthocyanidin Polymers (>10mers)
Suggested Use: Mix 2 tablespoons (16g) with 4-6 oz of water to make juice, add into your favorite smoothie, or use to flavor yogurt and other treats.
Mixing Suggestion: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our purple aronia extract and maqui powder.
Botanical Name: Ribes nigrum
Other Names: Blackcurrants, Phalsa, Quincy Berries, Cassis, Urdu, Squinancy Berrie, Ribes Nigrum, Schwarze Johannisbeeren, Falsa, Gichtbeerblaetter, Cassistee, Feuilles de Cassis, Quinsy Berries, Schwarze Johannisbeerblaetter
Ingredients: Organic Black Currant Juice, Organic Maltodextrin.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
Origin: Grown and juiced in China. Packages with care in Florida USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
- ZNaturalFoods.com offers our Organic Black Currant Juice Powderpackaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep your Organic Black Currant Juice Powderin a cool, dark, dry place.
About Z Natural Foods
Pleasego here to learn more about Z Natural Foods and discover the important steps we take to bring you fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Pleasecontact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
Sources & References
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Earn a Discount!
Here at Z Natural Foods, we firmly believe that sharing is caring. Invite your friends to our store and be rewarded with $10 dollars as soon as they make their first order.* And if they love our products just as much as you do, you will continue to be rewarded again and again!
( Minimum amount : 10 $ )